boat owners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• boat owners

to the boat owners out there, how do yall store yalls boats? do yall keep it at the marina or in a public storage type of place?

Originally posted by DOHCTR
    You sir are the poster child for "Go big or go home"!

One buddy has a tall shop on his property that allows for the tower to fit, and another buddy has a big gate in his privacy fence, and a small driveway from the street to a concrete pad in his back yard, covered by a tall steel awning normally built for an RV.

Comment

Parked in the driveway with a cover and a lock for the trailer
      --Marcus

Comment

Originally posted by mystic96 View Post
        Parked in the driveway with a cover and a lock for the trailer
        do u leave it like that for the winter? i know you have to winterize it but is it safe to leave out there with the winds and everything?

Comment

This is our first boat, and we've only had it through the summer, so no winter storage yet. But I don't see the difference in leaving here over the winter versus being stored at an outdoor type storage place.
          --Marcus

Comment

Originally posted by mystic96 View Post
            This is our first boat, and we've only had it through the summer, so no winter storage yet. But I don't see the difference in leaving here over the winter versus being stored at an outdoor type storage place.
            true, we are in the process of seeing if we are financially stable enough to get one here within the next year and are thinking about all the details, we have been looking around and the marina charges anywhere from 120-150 a month to keep it there and some storage places charge 300 a month for a enclosed storage unit

Comment

Pay for a slip only because I don't have a trailer. But it is convenient. Over $2k a year in slip fees though. My first year with the boat as well. In the spring I will have to snorkel down below and scrub all the shit off the bottom.
              The richest man in Babylon

Comment

Originally posted by trblshooter View Post
                Pay for a slip only because I don't have a trailer. But it is convenient. Over $2k a year in slip fees though. My first year with the boat as well. In the spring I will have to snorkel down below and scrub all the shit off the bottom.
                this is something i was thinking about as well, with a slip how do you take the boat out and clean it, im thinking of just going ahead and storing it at my house so that i would be able to winterize it in the winter and clean it after each use

Comment

Originally posted by bonnie&clyde View Post
                  this is something i was thinking about as well, with a slip how do you take the boat out and clean it, im thinking of just going ahead and storing it at my house so that i would be able to winterize it in the winter and clean it after each use
                  If you've got the $ you can always buy a lift for your slip so it doesn't stay in the water year round. You can expect to drop about $3K though. To me it's worth it to keep your toy in good shape.

Don't get me wrong, there are advantages to owning a slip. Like private pool, club membership, food and drink discounts if you've got a bar/restaurant at your marina. Not to mention it's easy just to drive down to the dock, hop in and go out whenever you want.

Comment

Originally posted by trblshooter View Post
                    If you've got the $ you can always buy a lift for your slip so it doesn't stay in the water year round. You can expect to drop about $3K though. To me it's worth it to keep your toy in good shape.

Don't get me wrong, there are advantages to owning a slip. Like private pool, club membership, food and drink discounts if you've got a bar/restaurant at your marina. Not to mention it's easy just to drive down to the dock, hop in and go out whenever you want.
                    true it does make it easy but lets say you want to go to another lake, then you would have to drive to where the boat is, pick it up take it to the other lake then take it back at night, in my case i live in Duncanville, my ladies parents live out in Rockwall so lake ray Hubbard would be the primary choice of lakes but if maybe one day my family wanted to go out on the boat i would probably take them to Joe pool as its closer to my house, but as u said, it would be alot easier to just get a slip and just drive and hop on anytime instead of having to lug the boat around everywhere.

Comment

i guess each option has its perks, not having a slip and towing it would save me a little under 2k a year, but having one would save me from having to lug it everywhere

Comment

true it does make it easy but lets say you want to go to another lake, then you would have to drive to where the boat is, pick it up take it to the other lake then take it back at night, in my case i live in Duncanville, my ladies parents live out in Rockwall so lake ray Hubbard would be the primary choice of lakes but if maybe one day my family wanted to go out on the boat i would probably take them to Joe pool as its closer to my house, but as u said, it would be alot easier to just get a slip and just drive and hop on anytime instead of having to lug the boat around everywhere.
                        I'm at Joe Pool now, was at Ray Hubbard. If you ever want to go out or come check out Lynn Creek Marina let me know. I'm always down for a night sail. The cost of admission will be a tall brunette however :wink1:

Comment

i have mine at a storage place with a cover on it. works good but make sure you get a cover that allows the rain etc to drain off. youll spend a bunch of money renting a slip not worth it IMO

Comment

true, we are in the process of seeing if we are financially stable enough to get one here within the next year and are thinking about all the details, we have been looking around and the marina charges anywhere from 120-150 a month to keep it there and some storage places charge 300 a month for a enclosed storage unit
                            If you're looking at a slip then your monthly slip fee can easily run you over $400 a month. We have our boat in a slip with a cover on it when it's not in use. Our slip runs shy of $500 a month.
                            Originally posted by Jester
                            Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
                            He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
                            Originally posted by Denny
                            What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
                            FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

Originally posted by QIK46 View Post
                              youll spend a bunch of money renting a slip not worth it IMO
                              That statement is pretty subjective. There are benefits to renting a slip that a lot of people don't realize. But there are many things that factor into renting a slip.
                              Originally posted by Jester
                              Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
                              He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
                              Originally posted by Denny
                              What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
                              FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

Working...
                              X