Career Advice...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chuckacosta View Post
    So I've been going to school for the last 2 years. I was taking classes and going for a nursing degree. This semester I had to have a real heart to heart with myself as to what I REALLY wanted to do. So 2 weeks ago I went to the counselors and decided to change my major to teaching. You see I've always loved teaching but stayed away cause the pay sucked. And being a nurse obviously pays well. But, if you're doing something just for the money then you'll truly never be happy.

I hope you find whatever it is that makes you happy and you stick to it. Good luck man!!
    thank you. I was always told, "find a job you love and youll never have to work a day in your life." I have also thought about teaching. i love kids and my wife is also a teacher so i have thought about it. maybe ill go to UTA and see what we can come up with.
    .....bro....

Comment

Aren't you already a pharmacy tech? Go be a pharmacist. My old boss was a retired pharmacist, and he balled out of control.
      ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by Yale View Post
        Aren't you already a pharmacy tech? Go be a pharmacist. My old boss was a retired pharmacist, and he balled out of control.
        pharmacist make big bucks but the schools are kinda hard to get into not to mention not in Dallas. ive thought about it before but then remembered im not that smart I think i would love a job in renewable energy but i cant find decent info. on the web......maybe i just suck at the internets? Ive been a tech for a while and i think ive already hit that glass ceiling or at least im close
        .....bro....

Comment

Originally posted by A+ View Post
          pharmacist make big bucks but the schools are kinda hard to get into not to mention not in Dallas. ive thought about it before but then remembered im not that smart I think i would love a job in renewable energy but i cant find decent info. on the web......maybe i just suck at the internets? Ive been a tech for a while and i think ive already hit that glass ceiling or at least im close
          Suck it up, and go for it.
          ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

I'm in the same boat as you, not sure what I want to do next but definitely looking for better options with more pay of course. I'm considering nursing or maybe even an IT type position at my hospital as well.

Comment

Originally posted by A+ View Post
              thats what my wife said....i lol'd

i wouldnt mind staying in this field, especially at my hospital since i have been here for so long. right now im working towards a civil engineering degree but i dont know what for and what i can do with that. Just recently i have been contemplating a new career here but..i kinda hate this field but the $ is good
              You should always work at what you enjoy. I enjoy my job so much, I think of it like a hobby. I am happy to go to work and fix problems in engineering.

If you are doing it just for the money, then I suggest a career in gay prostitution. It has high $/hr rate.
              class joke
              {
              private:
              char Forrest, Jenny, Momma, LtDan;
              double Peas, Carrots;
              string MommaAlwaysSaid(const bool AddAnyTime = True)
              };

Comment

Originally posted by TexasDevilDog View Post
                If you are doing it just for the money, then I suggest a career in gay prostitution. It has high $/hr rate.
                Of which you have first-hand knowledge we presume....

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
                  I'm an equity analyst. I'm one of the guys who rates stocks as "buy", "sell", "hold", etc, and sets price targets (what they're worth).
                  I'll give you a list of what I own, put a big BUY on all of them please!

Comment

Start smuggling medical grade dank.

I've always wanted to be an xray technician.

Comment

Originally posted by The King View Post
                      Of which you have first-hand knowledge we presume....
                      It put him through engineering school!
                      Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                      HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Butt doctor.
                        Originally posted by talisman
                        I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
                        Originally posted by AdamLX
                        If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
                        Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                        Because fuck you, that's why
                        Originally posted by 80coupe
                        nice dick, Idrivea4banger
                        Originally posted by Rick Modena
                        ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
                        Originally posted by Jester
                        Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

On another note. My brothers mother in law is one of the most well known Nurse Practitioners here in El Paso. She makes really good coin. When I was still persuing nursing she always would ask me if that was REALLY what I wanted to do. She said it was stressful and sometimes not worth it at all.

On that note she always told me that if I wanted a good job that paid well, I should look into becoming a sonographer. She said it not near as stressful and a great job all around. The reason I mention it is that you had stated that you wanted to possibly stay in the medical field. Again....Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by mustgofaster View Post
                            Last round of layoffs where I'm @, the company paid for a service exactly like you are looking for, for all of the employees that were effected. They helped them identify their skills, helped with Resume's, interview tactics & job placement.

I don't know what the name of the company is, but I can find out.

Steve
                            I checked with HR. they said the company they used was: The firm was Career Management Partners in Richardson. Their phone number is 972-680-9200.

Comment

Originally posted by roliath View Post
                              I've always wanted to be an xray technician.

Have you considered the TSA?

If I had it all to do over i would become a pharmacist.

Comment

Working...
                              X