Career Advice...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Career Advice...

where can i get some? does such a service exist? Thinking about changing careers and school is pressuring me to pick a career. I dont know what the hell to do. Im in the medical field now and have been for the past 10yrs. i dont know where to start, there are so many options in this field (dont care for any of them i dont think)
    .....bro....

Doctor?

Comment

Originally posted by A+ View Post
      where can i get some? does such a service exist? Thinking about changing careers and school is pressuring me to pick a career. I dont know what the hell to do. Im in the medical field now and have been for the past 10yrs. i dont know where to start, there are so many options in this field (dont care for any of them i dont think)
      Changing careers in the medical field just doing something else or getting out of the medical field completely?
      Originally posted by Jester
      Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
      He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
      Originally posted by Denny
      What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
      FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
        Doctor?
        thats what my wife said....i lol'd
        Originally posted by motoman View Post
        Changing careers in the medical field just doing something else or getting out of the medical field completely?
        i wouldnt mind staying in this field, especially at my hospital since i have been here for so long. right now im working towards a civil engineering degree but i dont know what for and what i can do with that. Just recently i have been contemplating a new career here but..i kinda hate this field but the $ is good
        .....bro....

Comment

What school are you attending? Most schools have career counselors on campus.

Comment

Originally posted by exlude View Post
            What school are you attending? Most schools have career counselors on campus.
            right now im attending 3 of the dcccd schools and the counselors there are worthless. ill be transferring to UTA or perhaps another local school real soon. i guess i could ask them?
            .....bro....

Comment

Last round of layoffs where I'm @, the company paid for a service exactly like you are looking for, for all of the employees that were effected. They helped them identify their skills, helped with Resume's, interview tactics & job placement.

I don't know what the name of the company is, but I can find out.

Steve

Comment

right now im attending 3 of the dcccd schools and the counselors there are worthless.
                Sounds about right.
                Originally posted by davbrucas
                I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

i kinda hate this field but the $ is good
                  Don't stick with it just b/c the $ is good. You have to enjoy what you're doing. I love what I do, and busted my ass for the last 4 years (after finishing undergrad and working for 7 years) to get it. Still have another 6 months of studying to knock out before I'm finished with the "education" side of it.
                  I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

Comment

Stay away from the medical profession. I got out years ago and have been happy every since.

Comment

Originally posted by mustgofaster View Post
                      Last round of layoffs where I'm @, the company paid for a service exactly like you are looking for, for all of the employees that were effected. They helped them identify their skills, helped with Resume's, interview tactics & job placement.

I don't know what the name of the company is, but I can find out.

Steve
                      hey that would be great!
                      Originally posted by slow99 View Post
                      Sounds about right.
                      tell me about it...
                      Don't stick with it just b/c the $ is good. You have to enjoy what you're doing. I love what I do, and busted my ass for the last 4 years (after finishing undergrad and working for 7 years) to get it. Still have another 6 months of studying to knock out before I'm finished with the "education" side of it.
                      so, what do YOU do....
                      Originally posted by Mustangman_2000 View Post
                      Stay away from the medical profession. I got out years ago and have been happy every since.
                      been here for 10yrs. The main reason i want to get out is because i work deep night 12's in the basement and id work days but it would still be working 12's in the basement
                      .....bro....

Comment

Most schools have a counseling department its not just for suicidal students.

Comment

hey that would be great!

tell me about it...

so, what do YOU do....
                          I'm an equity analyst. I'm one of the guys who rates stocks as "buy", "sell", "hold", etc, and sets price targets (what they're worth).

Comment

Originally posted by SlowLX View Post
                            Most schools have a counseling department its not just for suicidal students.
                            yeah, but suicides are all they are probably trained to deal with.
                            I'm an equity analyst. I'm one of the guys who rates stocks as "buy", "sell", "hold", etc, and sets price targets (what they're worth).
                            wow. BIG MONEY!!
                            .....bro....

Comment

So I've been going to school for the last 2 years. I was taking classes and going for a nursing degree. This semester I had to have a real heart to heart with myself as to what I REALLY wanted to do. So 2 weeks ago I went to the counselors and decided to change my major to teaching. You see I've always loved teaching but stayed away cause the pay sucked. And being a nurse obviously pays well. But, if you're doing something just for the money then you'll truly never be happy.

I hope you find whatever it is that makes you happy and you stick to it. Good luck man!!

Comment

Working...
                              X