Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WTF is with tire places over-tightening lug nuts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dville_gt View Post
    Just called Firestone and let the guy know about the situation.

Not looking for a hand out, but would it be unreasonable for me to ask for a credit towards an alignment since I've already dealt with replacing the brakes myself?
    I wouldn't want them to touch anything else on my car if they can't tighten lug nuts correctly. I would just chalk it up to experience and move on.
    Originally posted by Nash B.
    Damn, man. Sorry to hear that. If it'll cheer you up, Geor swallows. And even if it doesn't cheer you up, it cheers him up.

Comment

antiseize

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked98Snake View Post
        I wouldn't want them to touch anything else on my car if they can't tighten lug nuts correctly. I would just chalk it up to experience and move on.
        Good point, it is actually sad because the store I normally use has always been very good and I haven't had any issues. I was in a bind and this store is close to my work so I used them. I'd be tempted to never use Firestone again if it weren't for the fact that I've had bad experiences at Discount and NTB as well. I am running out of options!

Comment

I guess there is something to say about using the hometown mom and pop shops. I've never had any problems when using the locals instead of the grease monkeys with their impacts.
          G'Day Mate

Comment

I have a 325 ft/lb electric impact wrench. Couldnt even get off two lugs on a wheel mounted/balanced by NTB. Had to take it to Greenbullitt who had to hit it with his air wrench over and over until they broke free.

Comment

Working...
            X