OK car title to Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OK car title to Texas

Do I have to have it notarized? the OK title has two spots for a notary but wondering since its coming to TX if it needs to be done?

If there are any experts on here, the other issue is seller started writing his name in the purchaser info. I filled out a statement of correction but unclear on who signs this form.

thanks for any advice

yes oklahoma is a notary state, the origin of title i s a notary state so it needs notarized.

Comment

if youre registering in texas with a oklahoma title you do not need a notary. Also be sure to fill out a title app

Comment

Originally posted by Buzzo View Post
        if youre registering in texas with a oklahoma title you do not need a notary. Also be sure to fill out a title app
        ^^^^^^ This guy is right. plus you need to take the title with you and get a Texas state inspection done and get the paperwork to go to the tax office.
        Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by Buzzo View Post
          yes you do, but don't get it notarized and watch when they tell you they need it notarized.

Comment

I just changed one that was out of state and not notarized. It had two spots on it to be notarized. Thats what the U 130 is for. Texas use to have notary stuff on their titles also but took it off.
            Whos your Daddy?

Comment

I will say this though. If you can get it notarized go ahead and do it. Couldnt hurt right? I know I just hate making more then one trip to the tax office.
              Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Not all states are notary states, I ran into this recently when I sold a car thinking since it was going to a non notary state it didn't need to be done. Well he goes to the dmv and they tell him it needs notarized.

Comment

The title on the one I registered was old as hell so there is a good chance that state may have changed what they require since the 80's. LOL
                  Whos your Daddy?

Comment

It does not have to notarized. Make sure the seller signed the back of it and get it inspected. Fill out a 130-U, attach the out of state inspection form and signed title to obtain a Texas title.

Comment

Originally posted by onemeangixxer7502 View Post
                      yes you do, but don't get it notarized and watch when they tell you they need it notarized.
                      I register over 50 cars a month I never have shit notarized.

and yea kingjason is right, need to get a green sheet from the inspection center

Comment

Working...
                      X