Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone suffer from a blood clot in the leg before?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good news the Dr. said I did not suffer any heart damage and my heart looks good and I will not be on any restrictions. I do have to watch my diet though it is not super strict and I need to be careful not to get a cut. They taught me how to give myself my first shot of Lovenox. Unfortunately I do have to stay one more day at least because my INR has not budged after 3 days.

Comment

Damn.

Good luck man.

David

Comment

Is this board aging or what? I figure in a few more years, Geritol will have its own advertisers forum here.

Comment

Originally posted by Shaggin Wagon View Post
          Is this board aging or what? I figure in a few more years, Geritol will have its own advertisers forum here.
          LOL, yeah well, according to the Dr, it was probably genetic. I have had 2 other cousins just this month suffer the same thing. My health is good, my blood tests all came back good. I could stand to lose a few pounds which I was working on anyway, but I should not be having this as young and active as I am. Though I do work from home and sit at a computer all day, I get up often and walk around. I just have a higher susceptibility than others.

Comment

I hope everything goes good. It's just funny to see the board grow older,(by physical age, not mentality).

Comment

Well, you had a fortunate outcome. How do you think this event will change the way you approach every day life?

Comment

Originally posted by 3.90x3.62 View Post
                Well, you had a fortunate outcome. How do you think this event will change the way you approach every day life?
                I've been asking myself the same question, and I have tried to craft an answer, but I need to give it more thought. Some of this is already my creed. If I could sum up a few of them....

1. Be the BEST Father and husband I can possibly be.
                2. Be the kind of friend a friend would like to have.
                3. Smile more.
                4. Be honest when I offer help or just help before its asked for. Be johnny-on-spot when called for it.
                5. Don't keep scores of what others owe you, keep scores of what you can do for others that have done right by you.
                6. Help anonymously as much as within my ability to remain so.
                7. Be more generous.
                8. Stop "saying" "Let's get together some time" to friends and family and MAKE it happen.
                9. Compliment people more. Strangers too.
                10. Pick your friends carefully. Nevermind their income, sexual preference, age, gender, religion, abilities or inabilities. Try to lift up the depressed or negative, but don't let them drag you down with them.

I still got a lot of others to work on, and some I don't know how or if I can change or if I even want to and I just need to decide when I am ok with that.

Comment

Those are laudable goals. I need to work on a few off that list myself.

Comment

Well dang. One of my dogs died last night. and I can't be home to deal with it or the kids.

Comment

My grandpa had that same thing last year. Put him in the hospital for about a week. Seems to be doing fine though.
                      "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

Day 5 of this experience. Hopefully today I can go home if my pharmacy has received my shipment.

Comment

Originally posted by 3.90x3.62 View Post
                          Those are laudable goals. I need to work on a few off that list myself.
                          There's a theory that only 3 things can change people:
                          Death bed
                          Miracle
                          Brain damage

Comment

FINALLY! got my release just waiting on the wife to come get me. Guess they got tired of my shenanigans like pulling a sheet over my head before a nurse walked in.

Comment

Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
                              There's a theory that only 3 things can change people:
                              Death bed
                              Miracle
                              Brain damage
                              That's a bit too fatalistic for my taste.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank View Post
                                FINALLY! got my release just waiting on the wife to come get me. Guess they got tired of my shenanigans like pulling a sheet over my head before a nurse walked in.
                                Good deal.

Comment

Working...
                                X