• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Damnittsteve View Post
    Not gunna touch this one
    LMFAO!!! You made my day!

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
      LMFAO!!! You made my day!
      Whats so funny? I've had my bad times but life is pretty good right now. All I need is a woman to come mess it all up and I will be complete.I'm so glad God didn't let me end my life the way I wanted several times because he had better plans for me.its onlyby his grace I'm not in jail or dead.

Comment

Whats so funny? I've had my bad times but life is pretty good right now. All I need is a woman to come mess it all up and I will be complete.I'm so glad God didn't let me end my life the way I wanted several times because he had better plans for me.its onlyby his grace I'm not in jail or dead.
        Careful what you wish for...

BTW, I'm glad you didn't off yourself, if you believe that.

Comment

Careful what you wish for...

BTW, I'm glad you didn't off yourself, if you believe that.
          I do denny. I'm sure we could be friends someday when u get home.I know I'm can be a real jackass on the internet. Ironiccly it could from some of the drugs I've severely overdosed on.I don't wish suicide on anyone. Even the recovery sucks if u survive. I am prolly the best example grace u will ever meet. Now I just have to learn how much I should appreciate it.

Comment

Originally posted by cobrajet69 View Post
            Thank you for that post.

Having personally dealt with a loved one who committed suicide, I can say with unquestionable certainty that most people just don't have a clue what is going on in the mind of someone who is seriously considering... that route.

The overwhelming feeling of a complete and total lack of hope will eclipse any common sense from having any weight at all.

David

I hat totally forgotten about your dealing with this. It was quite saddening to see someone who thought life was so bad that they thought the best way out was to jump off a bridge, and find out that it wasn't tall enough. He was obviously in tremendous pain, and could not move. He had broken arms, legs, fractured jaw, skull, etc..... He could barely talk, but he let us know that he jumped off the bridge to end it.

Comment

Especially when young, you may not understand how the cycle of things work. As you get older you're supposed to know better.

It also helps to have a supporting family and from a dude's point of view a supporting wife. i.e. Wife and I are doing good now, but I KNOW if the hammer drops and we have to down size, and live in a 1 bedroom apartment or something (2 kids, and mo-in-law) she will not belittle more or want to move on. (assuming not due to drugs or something stupid)

Some people are selfish and self centered and suicide is just their final act.
              Originally posted by MR EDD
              U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
                Especially when young, you may not understand how the cycle of things work. As you get older you're supposed to know better.

It also helps to have a supporting family and from a dude's point of view a supporting wife. i.e. Wife and I are doing good now, but I KNOW if the hammer drops and we have to down size, and live in a 1 bedroom apartment or something (2 kids, and mo-in-law) she will not belittle more or want to move on. (assuming not due to drugs or something stupid)

sometimes people just need to hit the reset button, unfortunatly, it gets confused with the power button and shit hits the fan.

Comment

Ya, people get too caught up on what they think they need or deserve or even what society demands you have. It sucks that we live in a society that judges others basd on their possessions, rather than the quality of their character.

Comment

Ya, people get too caught up on what they think they need or deserve or even what society demands you have. It sucks that we live in a society that judges others basd on their possessions, rather than the quality of their character.
                    Well, yes. What's sad is those same people are moving out to the country too and spreading it. The wife and I want to move into as much country as we can and still work in the DFW area. However, it looks like the roots of good character are being over-run by the same housing developments I live in now. Sad really.

Bye-bye farmers and good old country folk.

heh, funny part is growing up I used to make fun of city folk. I knew fully what to expect moving out further like that - but seems like around the major cities it is getting harder and harder to find places like that. I was prepared to prove my character to my neighbors, by being a good person/neighbor. Although, I probably would not be truly accepted since we don't really go to church every Sunday! Bible belt folks would dislike us for that and then the non-believers dislike us for believing. haha

Comment

Well, yes. What's sad is those same people are moving out to the country too and spreading it. The wife and I want to move into as much country as we can and still work in the DFW area. However, it looks like the roots of good character are being over-run by the same housing developments I live in now. Sad really.

Bye-bye farmers and good old country folk.

heh, funny part is growing up I used to make fun of city folk. I knew fully what to expect moving out further like that - but seems like around the major cities it is getting harder and harder to find places like that. I was prepared to prove my character to my neighbors, by being a good person/neighbor. Although, I probably would not be truly accepted since we don't really go to church every Sunday! Bible belt folks would dislike us for that and then the non-believers dislike us for believing. haha
                      We're in the process of looking as well. If I don't go to the islands, I'd like to find some good ag land in a ring around about an hour outside of the DFW area.

Comment

The only thing that keeps me going is not wanting my kids raised and screwed up my the wife and her mom .
                        The only difference between a tax man and a taxidermist is that the taxidermist leaves the skin. -- Mark Twain

Comment

We're in the process of looking as well. If I don't go to the islands, I'd like to find some good ag land in a ring around about an hour outside of the DFW area.
                          As soon as our place sells (which is hard to do these days) that's basically what we're doing. 30ish mile radius NW/N/NE of Plano straight line - which basically equates to 45-90 minutes of driving time in rush hour. Best we can do at this point.

Comment

finally see the light steve!

just messing with you dude!

Comment

Originally posted by davbrucas View Post
                              His name was Waylon Littlejohn...and he didnt jump.
                              Care to elaborate?
                              "The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those
                              who vote for a living."

Comment

99% of suicides aren't for a good reason.

Unfortunately, I've seen lots of people go out by their own hand over temporary problems.

A guy in supply school hung himself because he wrecked his car and couldn't tell his dad

A guy from highschool shot himself because he didn't make the cut as a fire fighter

another acquaintance shot himself because he violated his prohibition and he would have to do a year or two @ the greybar motel

grandpa went out to the garage and turned the car on because of the divorce

another acquaintance shot himself in front of his wife and small children, allegedly because he smoked some "bad weed"....

Whatever your problems are - short of some horrific terminal illness - there is probably a much better way of dealing with it than offing yourself.

Comment

Working...
                                X