• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dallas deputy constables ordered to turn from crime

WFAA
    Posted on August 24, 2011 at 11:09 PM
    Updated today at 10:18 AM

NEWS 8 EXCLUSIVE

DALLAS — It is an alarming admission from the head of the Dallas County Constable's Association: Deputies have been told to turn their backs on criminal activity.

That is what happened Monday in Precinct 1 when a mother tried to get help finding her kidnapped sons. The boys were later found murdered.
    Some people may not know that a deputy constable is a licensed peace officer in the State of Texas. That means hours and hours of training to be able to carry a weapon and also to respond to criminal situations — situations that some officers say they are being told to avoid.

It is a confusing and, some say, a dangerous path to go down.
    On Monday, a bloody Kametra Sampson begged a deputy constable to help rescue her two kidnapped sons. Precinct 1, however, has a strict "no chase" policy.

But was there something else on the deputy's mind?
    "Those officers have been told — and I don't know by which administrators — that if you see some criminal activity, turn your head. Handle your civil process," said Renee Christian, president of the Dallas County Constable's Association.

Does that mean they've been told to ignore criminal activity? "Not per se to ignore criminal activity, but if you can sidestep it, sidestep it," Christian said, adding that she is only aware of Precinct 1 deputies being told to turn away and not do what they were trained for.

Dallas County constables met Wednesday night in a specially-called meeting, where dozens gathered to try and figure out ways to work with the county on budget and policy issues, including trying to figure out what their roles really are and what the public should expect from them.
    "I'm in my uniform; I've got my badge on; I've got my gun on. The general public will come to me with a question," Christian said. "It is my obligation to handle it."

Precinct 1 Constable Derick Evans told News 8 that Monday's incident remains under an investigation which he hopes to have completed by the end of the week. Until then, he declined to discuss the help request that was denied or any associated policies.

Wow.... That is really shitty.

Then they need to stop writing traffic tickets, as well. I saw 3 constables on 35 running speed traps this morning on my way to Waco. This was in Desoto.
    Originally posted by BradM
    But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
    Originally posted by Leah
    In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Ftc!
      Originally posted by MR EDD
      U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

ridiculous

Comment

While growing up, I always heard that constables just serve papers and won't write tickets for things like speeding and seatbelts, but I always assumed that they would do something about serious crimes.
          Originally posted by Broncojohnny
          HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by papapepper View Post
            Wow.... That is really shitty.
            Yeah it is shitty, as about as shitty as you not taking care of your business. At least those cocksuckers let you know up front, unlike your little welching bitch ass!
            Originally posted by Silverback
            Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

And we're off....
              G'Day Mate

Comment

As a human being, you should understand when someone needs help, you go help them. Regardless of what you are told to do because of some bs mandate.

Comment

That took long.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                    Yeah it is shitty, as about as shitty as you not taking care of your business. At least those cocksuckers let you know up front, unlike your little welching bitch ass!
                    You've got your priorities mixed up man..... You need some serious help if you think what I did to Brent was just as shitty as this womens two boys being kidnapped and murdered. Wow!

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                      As a human being, you should understand when someone needs help, you go help them. Regardless of what you are told to do because of some bs mandate.
                      Yup. Cop or no cop somebody should have helped.

Comment

Originally posted by papapepper View Post
                        Yup. Cop or no cop somebody should have helped.
                        for wanting to be banned you sure come around a lot

Comment

Originally posted by onemeangixxer7502 View Post
                          for wanting to be banned you sure come around a lot

I'm convinced he's just an attention whore.

Comment

$100 dollars says a lawsuit happens.
                            Originally posted by talisman
                            I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
                            Originally posted by AdamLX
                            If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
                            Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                            Because fuck you, that's why
                            Originally posted by 80coupe
                            nice dick, Idrivea4banger
                            Originally posted by Rick Modena
                            ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
                            Originally posted by Jester
                            Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

Sig check.

Stevo
                              Originally posted by SSMAN
                              ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Working...
                              X