country meat market?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• country meat market?

has anyone had any problems with their meat. I am thinking about going and stocking my freezer but would like some feedback first. I checked the reviews on the place and its kind of a split decision. Some people said it sucked then some said it was great.

I've been wanting to stock up on some meat from a real butcher shop.

A guy my bud knows from his country club is some sort of big shot in a national meat packing co. He says meat today available at the grocery store is of poor quality. Says it's just the nature of the beast. The market is very competitive and you've got to feed LOTS of people very cheaply.

Claims he doesn't serve his family grocery store beef. He recommended some butcher shop near Downtown Dallas, but I don't have a clue what the name was. I could probably find out though
    US Politics in three words - Divide and Conquer

Comment

Jester's uncle has a badass butcher shop in Garland. PM that dude.
      ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by Yale View Post
        Jester's uncle has a badass butcher shop in Garland. PM that dude.
        David's Meat Market I believe.

Stevo
        Originally posted by SSMAN
        ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Originally posted by stevo View Post
          David's Meat Market I believe.

Stevo
          Yep.
          Originally posted by BradM
          But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
          Originally posted by Leah
          In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Thankfully this only a 20 minute drive for me, but they have customers that drive hours to come stock up. I highly recommend this place.

The richest man in Babylon

Comment

Originally posted by Hobie View Post
              A guy my bud knows from his country club is some sort of big shot in a national meat packing co. He says meat today available at the grocery store is of poor quality. Says it's just the nature of the beast. The market is very competitive and you've got to feed LOTS of people very cheaply.
              Ranchers always cull their herds in the summertime. Prices should go down and if you notice there are usually more sales around the same time. You can bet the beef you buy at Wal-mart is going to be lower quality than what you'd get from a butcher shop that personally knows the rancher.

Still though, how much more are you willing to pay? You'll pay a whole lot more for a little better quality of product. Every industry is like that though. I mean a Hyundai is a good car and they are cheap but a Lexus is a great car and you pay more than double. Does it really cost twice as much to produce? Probably not but if consumers will pay for the prestige then you'd be nuts not to charge for it.

Even if you pay $25 a pound for steaks though they are only as good as you make them. Expensive steak houses age their products and have the equipment to cook them at 1500+ degrees. If you slap it straight on the grill it'll be pretty good if you cook it properly but it'll never be as good as a $50 steak from Bob's.

Comment

the ad in the circular says 300lbs of beef witch includes sirloins, porterhouses, t bones, clubs, rib, fillets, strips, rib eye, sirloin tips, standing rib roasts, English cut roast, BBQ ribs, ground beef, soup cuts for $238 plus they will throw in 40lbs of grade a fryers 30lbs of veggies, 10lbs of sliced bacon, 10lbs of picnic ham,10lbs of lean pork cops plus a free gas grill or smoker, probably a cheap little grill

Comment

PRIME &CHOICE Grade MEATS in Plano Texas. Visit our family owned meat market in Plano since 1992. Give us a call at 972-633-5593.
                  An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea whose time has come.

-Victor Hugo

Comment

Originally posted by krazy kris View Post
                    the ad in the circular says 300lbs of beef witch includes sirloins, porterhouses, t bones, clubs, rib, fillets, strips, rib eye, sirloin tips, standing rib roasts, English cut roast, BBQ ribs, ground beef, soup cuts for $238 plus they will throw in 40lbs of grade a fryers 30lbs of veggies, 10lbs of sliced bacon, 10lbs of picnic ham,10lbs of lean pork cops plus a free gas grill or smoker, probably a cheap little grill
                    That sounds pretty good to me... Wonder how big of a freezer would be needed for that...

Comment

Originally posted by krazy kris View Post
                      Their ad is kinda misleading. For the advertised price you don't get the good cuts. ie ribeyes, T-bones it's more meats for stews and soups. They do have BADAzz ribeyes tho. I have bought meat from them twice and both times paid over $1000. BUT I love ribeyes and other grill cuts. If you get a cheaper package from them it will have alot of what they call ranch steaks which are kinda tough. I would have them turn those into hamburger.

Comment

Exactly. At that price, it can't be better than Commercial grade or select, which suck.
                        Originally posted by BradM
                        But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                        Originally posted by Leah
                        In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
                          Ranchers always cull their herds in the summertime. Prices should go down and if you notice there are usually more sales around the same time. .
                          Hell they've been DUMPING them at auction for 2 months now. The sale barns are FULL. This drought is killing the markets. I'm holding what I have, because everyone will want back in next spring.
                          Meat prices on the other hand are holding steady.
                          Go buy a steer and have it hauled to Feischers over in Meunster (they're the only ones left)...I can hook you up if you wanna pm me.

Comment

I miss my grandpa. RIP He had some cows and would raise one calf a year for both me and my mom. All we had to pay for was the processing. Me, my ex and our son would eat off of it for a year and it cost about $600. It was the best damn meat, ever.
                            Token Split Tail

Originally posted by slow99
                            Lmao...my favorite female poster strikes again.
                            Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz
                            You are a moron .... you were fucking with the most powerful vagina on DFW(MU)stangs.

Comment

Working...
                            X