Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Norelco something or other POS.

Comment

I currently use a Norelco, the one that has the shave lotion dispense as you shave. This has been the only one that I liked. The lotion helps keep my skin from gettin irritated, and the razor shaves well. Especially in the shower

I tried that one Braun self cleaning, cost me about $250 and it did nothing but irritated the shit out of my skin. Didn't shave very well either.

I have this one:
      Learn more about Philips and how we help improve people’s lives through meaningful innovation in the areas of Healthcare, Consumer Lifestyle and Lighting.
      Last edited by bjtheman1; 11-29-2010, 06:58 PM.

Comment

Beard trimmer on 0, good enough. I do have a shave attachment thing that does decent, but it tends to pull a little bit, doesn't hurt, it's just annoying.

Comment

I use a cheaper $90 norelco when I'm in the field and can get away with a shitty shave. I hate using a regular razor in the field as it really starts to irritate my face in the cold mornings.

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus View Post
            Which specific one?
            I have an (old) Norelco 5801 XL rechargeable triple-header. So far I've only needed to replace the blades once.

Comment

I have had two Braun self cleaning foil razors. The latest was the Pulsonic. I do NOT recommend the pulsonic. Braun totally cheaped out this razor and it was crap. Only had it a little over a year and I had to put tape on it to keep the sideburn trimmer from hanging open!! And this is their top of the line!!

I just got the top of the line Phillips/Norelco razor and I am still in the getting aquainted phase with it but the quality is massively better. I had always heard that a foil was always better than a rotary for closeness of shave. But I think the game has changed with this razor. I have read major praise for this razor and it is already working better on my neck than the old one. And despite the poor quality the actual shaving part on the old one was pretty good. Usually when you change shavers from blade to foil or from foil to rotary or vice versa there is a lag before it starts to work very well. Your beard has to adjust. Don't ask me what that means I have always thought it was crap but it is true, in the past. But this one is working really good right out of the box. And the quality is much better than Braun. But the current retail is $350... So it should be better. It is on sale on Amazon for $275 which is what I bought it for....
              2011 Dodge Challenger SRT8 Inaugural Edition
              2011 Harley Davidson F150
              2003 Harley Davidson Road King 100th Anniversary Edition

Comment

Nope. Mach 3

Electric razors make me break out like a teenager.

Comment

I use shick quatro...but getting an electric one for X-mas I hope!
                  Originally posted by Da Prez
                  Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
                  Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Comment

Use a Mach 3 but have been looking into one of these for a long time.

Use a cheapie one on and off, just waiting to get good enough to drop coin on a good one.

Comment

I used to shave with the norelco with the gel thing.. fucking junk. that gel made my face break out and no matter what i'd break out around the edges of my mouth from using it.

I've since given up on being smooth faced, and use my clippers on the tightest setting to shave.

Comment

Originally posted by HarrisonTX View Post
                        Who shaves?
                        Its fucking No shave November you ass holes.

I used a two-pronged attack when I used to shave. Electric, then razor. Shit was too thick to use a regular razor first.

I've had better luck with this type

than this type

Now see, I am the opposite. I have a Braun that I paid about $130.00 for with a self cleaning/charging station. To me the Norelco's are a lot smoother operating .

Either way if you don't spend close to $100.00 bucks or more, chances are you will not get a good one.

I would look at something along these lines.....

Last edited by SSMAN; 11-30-2010, 12:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by HarrisonTX View Post
                          than this type
                          I have one very similar to this. My mom gave it to me for Christmas last year. The couple times that I have used it, it works ok. But IMO nothing works better than a good ole shave with a razor and soap/cream.

Comment

I never learned how to shave with a regular razor.

Comment

Fuck electric razors. The only time I have had one work consistently was when I shaved a day or two after shaving with a razor. If my hair was any sort of length passed a 5 oclock shadow then it was useless.

I maintain a mustache and goate and I can shave in less than 5 minutes.
                              Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
                              Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

I use an electric once or twice a week. Prefer the manual razor but sometimes I am in a hurry and the electric is good for quickies!

Comment

Working...
                                X