Anyone use electric razors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone use electric razors?

So i'm starting to realize that my laziness is reaching a point where i don't even want to take the 10-15 minutes needed to shave every few days, and would rather get a self-cleaning electric razor.

i'm wondering who has experience with what model? Did you like it compared to traditional method of cream/gel and blade?
    What was better about it?
    What was worse about it?
    sigpic

I used a nice Norelco for years, but the ingrown whiskers finally got the best of me.

Comment

Norelco triple-header

Comment

Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
        I used a nice Norelco for years, but the ingrown whiskers finally got the best of me.
        +1 ... I've tried just about every electric razor out there & I don't like any of them. For me it's actually faster to just shave the old fasioned way.

Comment

10-15 minutes to shave? How long are you waiting to shave? I am done in 5 minutes tops. I couldn't do the electric razor, just too much hair pulling to bother with it.

Comment

I use electric, but it's more of the beard trimmer one. It leaves a short amount of hair, but never cuts or leaves in growns.

Comment

I have owned a couple of electric razors in my days, but didn't like either. One pulled my hair instead of cutting it and the other cut it, but did an extremely piss poor job.
              How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Norelco 8260 self cleaning - http://www.usa.philips.com/c/electri...8260xl_22/prd/
                I like it, shaves close. Only complaint is at times it feels like it is pulling the fucking hair out instead of shaving, done this since day one.

Comment

I shave in the shower.. Takes no more than a couple of minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
                    I shave in the shower.. Takes no more than a couple of minutes.
                    You're bald, aren't you?
                    Do you maintain a goatee or anything?
                    Use one of those shower fog resistant mirrors?

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                    10-15 minutes to shave? How long are you waiting to shave? I am done in 5 minutes tops. I couldn't do the electric razor, just too much hair pulling to bother with it.
                    I also shave my ballsack. Takes extra time to cover all that territory, and i'm extra delicate.
                    j/k
                    i'm just a slow shaver.

Originally posted by The King View Post
                    Norelco triple-header
                    Which specific one?

BTW, self cleaning unit is a must.

What's the difference in feeling/cut between the triple/round head styles and bar/grille looking ones?
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus View Post
                      You're bald, aren't you?
                      Do you maintain a goatee or anything?
                      Use one of those shower fog resistant mirrors?
                      Not really bald.. I do have a receding hairline therefore keep my hair pretty short. Not shorn but I bust out the clippers with no guide every other week or so.

I have had a goatee since I got out of the Army in '97.. I will say that lately I have been letting my entire beard grow but still shave my neck to keep from getting itchy.

I have a "fog resistant" mirror that I bought a LONG time ago but it broke several years ago. I still use it but just have to hold it under the hot water for a second before using it.

Comment

gillette fusion ftw

Comment

Never had any luck with an electric razor. I shave in the shower (the hot water makes it MUCH easier on the face!) and get a much better shave than any electric could give. Only takes a few minutes... hell I don't even use shaving gel!

Comment

Electric razors are awesome. Unfortunately, they aren't that great on the neck though. Mine is a couple of years old and there are probably better models out there, but I'm definitely a fan of electric over razors.
                            "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

Who shaves?
                              Its fucking No shave November you ass holes.

I used a two-pronged attack when I used to shave. Electric, then razor. Shit was too thick to use a regular razor first.

I've had better luck with this type

than this type
                              DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

Working...
                              X