earthquake in richmond va

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Steve View Post
    Sorry Leah, but I'm going to call BS on that one babe. I find it very difficult to believe a small 6.1 in SC is going to sway buildings all the way into New York. I'll have to take a peek at the fault line to see if it runs that far, but a 6.1 will not travel that far in strength and certainly not shake sway them hard enough to be evacuated.

I was in southern Cali when the big quake hit San Francisco and we only felt small tremors from it and that was MUCH larger than a 6.1. Something in your friends story doesn't add up.
    Originally posted by Steve View Post
    Ok, well I apologize Leah. No offense intended. That comment just went completely against my long experience with quakes and was just stating from that. I've had more than my share of being thrown out of bed in the middle of the night by a quake. You just get back up into bed cussing at it. lol. I've always thought you Texans were nuts for the "bleh" attitude with tornadoes that I have with quakes. haha.

That's crazy that the tremors were felt that far up the coastline, especially for being a moderately sized 6.1 quake.
    Token Split Tail

Originally posted by slow99
    Lmao...my favorite female poster strikes again.
    Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz
    You are a moron .... you were fucking with the most powerful vagina on DFW(MU)stangs.

Comment

I felt it today in NYC, kinda felt like being in a boat that wasn't moving, but just bobbing back and forth.

Comment

its them damned frackers. i can hear it already

Comment

Originally posted by ScottJ View Post
          I felt it today in NYC, kinda felt like being in a boat that wasn't moving, but just bobbing back and forth.
          Yeah, thats the most common comment by people not used to quakes. It doesn't feel like you think it would. It's not a violent shaking thing, but more of a rolling motion kinda like being out on rough seas.

Comment

Washington Monument top cracked by earthquake

WASHINGTON (AP) — The National Park Service says engineers have found a crack near the top of the Washington Monument presumably caused by a magnitude-5.8 earthquake that shook the East Coast.

Park service spokesman Bill Line said Tuesday night that structural engineers found the crack where the 555-foot landmark narrows considerably.

He says the monument will be closed indefinitely to keep the public safe.

An outside engineering service will study the crack on Wednesday.

The 91,000-ton monument is made of Maryland marble.
            Stevo
            Originally posted by SSMAN
            ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Many buildings have been condemned throughout the immediate area. Massive structure fractures have been found in a few buildings in DC.
              Last edited by SS Junk; 08-24-2011, 06:29 AM.

Comment

maybe Obama could create some jobs by hiring folks to fix the stuff that was cracked

Comment

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
                  Many buildings have been condemned throughout the immediate area. Massive structure fractures have been found in a few buildings in DC.
                  Ah, could turn serious. Wonder how the bridges made out.
                  Originally posted by MR EDD
                  U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by SMKR View Post
                    maybe Obama could create some jobs by hiring folks to fix the stuff that was cracked
                    JBWeld?

Stevo
                    Originally posted by SSMAN
                    ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
                      Ah, could turn serious. Wonder how the bridges made out.
                      Haven't heard anything on the news. Commute was fine this morning. It would appear most of the buildings that have been condemned were fairly old.

Comment

Working...
                      X