No announcement yet.

Video games (gamers).. (age)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I go through phases. I'll play a few hours a night 2-3 nights a week... then go without for a few months until a new game comes out worth playing.

Comment

You know the average age of a gamer in the US is around 33.

Don't see what age has to do with it so much as time. (People tend to be starting families around that age which tends to cut into gaming time...) Doubt I will be dropping one of my fav hobbies anytime soon.
      1997 Miata - Weekend\Autox Car
      1994 Mustang Cobra - Garage Shelf
      2012 Mazda 3 - Daily

Comment

Originally posted by MutherjuggZ View Post
        I used to be HUGE into online gaming for money, but simply don't have the time to, otherwise I would.
        Okay, I really have to have some info on this!

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
        I have played games since the early 80s. I don't really consider myself a "gamer" though.

There are 80 year old ladies who play World of Warcraft, I have ran across two of them. It seems strange, I know.
        Leader of the guild I play in is retired and old enough to be drawing SS, second in command is an awesome chick in her early 50's that actually has grandchildren. we have at least three husband/wife/teenage kiddo teams that play with us, along with the usual wife/husband and boyfriend/girlfriend pairs, and the normal male stags that play. Our core group is 75% husband/wife raids. If it wasn't for being able to talk to people like these I'd have bailed a long time ago. Less like a gamer group more like an online social group that plays games.

Originally posted by 0 GT 2 View Post
        Yep, I've got friends around the country that I can honestly say I would talk to one or two times a month if it wasn't for playing online with them. It's kind of a package deal; we shoot the shit while we play video games a couple times a week. When Madden comes out it gets pretty fun.
        I have recently had a couple of my oldest friends (21 and 18 years back) start playing wow with my wife and I for the hour-two that we play each day. Pretty awesome for a group of friends that could NOT otherwise get together to group up and play and talk online and play. Much better than calling each other, as eventually the convo runs out, but while playing we at least have a reason to be there besides shooting the shit.

Originally posted by Labora View Post
        You know the average age of a gamer in the US is around 33.

Don't see what age has to do with it so much as time. (People tend to be starting families around that age which tends to cut into gaming time...) Doubt I will be dropping one of my fav hobbies anytime soon.
        Funny you say this, for me (and my friends/family) we tend to be 'bad weather' players. When the weather is bad/cold in the late fall, winter and very early spring, we tend to stay inside and play for leisure. BUT, late spring, summer. fall and early winter we are usually in the boats fishing and camping. We usually do this every weekend and some days during the week. If not, we are in my buddy's private 'party barn' doing the stuff that people would be usually doing in a bar Here, the kids can play an assortment of video games, get snacks, etc, while the adults can get fucked up and do fucked up things, play poker, shoot pool, darts, etc, and then go inside and watch the home theater and pass out.

We are a pretty close group, and being able to play games together during our 'off' times helps us stay close.

As many have mentioned, the games can be what you want, and can control you as much as you allow. I am playing now because my wife asked me to play again, and more so because my best friends started playing. It can take up the time I usually spend in a cold boat fishing in frigid water and I'll not be too pissy, but come the fair weather I'm out, and usually, my buds are closely behind.

Stevo
        Originally posted by SSMAN
        ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

I was in a cigar store in downtown Ft. Worth once, and it was full of rich 50-somethings smoking cigars and drinking scotch and cognac, and talking about how excited they were that San Andreas was coming out. I don't think any age is too old.
          ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Oldest gamer I know of is in his late 60's. I am 24 and have been playing video games for 19 years. I have a gaming laptop, PS3, Wii, Gamecube, Dreamcast, N64, PS1, SNES, Genesis with sega CD, and an NES. Not going to stop for a while either.

Comment

Im 24 and might play 2 hrs a day. Usually alittle before work and alittle after if I get home early enough. Just depends
              99 Mustang Project JSTA2V
              going from really slow to just alittle slow

2013 Focus ST the daily cruising the 4 banger

Comment

34 and it depends on what's out. The past two months, I've been a fiend. The bulk of the summer, barely played at all.

Comment

39 and play for about 2 to 3 hours a day.
                  I think his point is that the fish got low balled, fucked in the catfish asshole and you paid half price. The worst part was the fish explaining to his fish friends why his asshole smelled like redneck

Comment

26 and havent played a video game since GTA: Vice City came out.

Comment

marvel ultimate alliance on 360 with my 4yr old. anything with with spiderman, and he is SOLD!

god bless.
                      It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

I'd say I play 2-4hrs a month. Generally in one setting.

Comment

I probably average a few hours a week.

My dad (who's 63yo) probably plays 20. I think it's awesome.

Comment

I wouldn't find it surprising for any guy born in the 70's or later to still play video games like they were kids no matter how old they are. It's a generational thing.

Comment

I was born in the 70's, I go through phases too. I didn't play for 1.5 years, I just bought the Kinect and I've been playing that with my kids and GF. I just got Black Ops this weekend, and I've played it for about 10 total hours already..

My GF still had her Super Nintendo,I have NES, Dreamcast, N64, Xbox, Xbox 360
                              WRX

Comment

I play maybe an hour or two a week. When a new game comes out I will play a bit more.

Also, when I am at my parent's house on break (Thanksgiving, Christmas, etc.) I play a lot because there is not a whole lot else to do.

I am 22.
                                Originally posted by lincolnboy
                                After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Working...
                                X