Video games (gamers).. (age)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video games (gamers).. (age)

I got to thinking about this the other day... I'm 29 and still sometimes play them (2-3 hours a month) but i dont consider myself a gamer... So my question is how is too old to be a "gamer"?... Lets say someone who plays more than 14 hours per week..
    "PSH!!!"

I don't even know how people have time to spend an hour a day playing it. With kids and all.

Comment

I don't think it matter's one bit. I have known successful people in their 50's that play that much.

I'm 32 and still hitting them almost daily, I just don't sit on them for 6+ hours a day anymore, mainly due from stopping the MMO's.

Comment

32 here and play here and there. I might play 45-1hr when I do play maybe a few times a week. I might play a couple hours if I don't feel like going out and the wifey is out with friends.

Comment

I was playing like 3+ hours a night up until a few months ago. It's tapered off to once in the last 3-4 months now.. but that may change soon enough. Just not feeling it lately.

fwiw, if you're 30+ and consider yourself a gamer... you might need friends.

Comment

I was a big gamer up until I was 25 or so, when my son was born I really just didn't have the disposable time to play. I ended up giving my PS3 to my brother, and ocasionally I'll go over to his house and play some, but it really doesn't attract me as much as it once did. The last game I played for any extended period of time was GT5: Prologue.

Comment

Originally posted by lo3oz View Post
              I was playing like 3+ hours a night up until a few months ago. It's tapered off to once in the last 3-4 months now.. but that may change soon enough. Just not feeling it lately.

fwiw, if you're 30+ and consider yourself a gamer... you might need friends.
              That's ridiculous. I'm almost 31, we just had a baby last week and have plenty of friends. In fact it's easier for all of us to hang out online and chat and play, than try to get everyone to the same place to hang out. I still even hit the gym for 2 hours a day. I'm definitely a gamer, just not your stereotypical overweight loser type.
              Slow moving projects
              1964 C10 350/700r4
              1992 LX 5.0

Comment

Originally posted by Superwho View Post
                That's ridiculous. I'm almost 31, we just had a baby last week and have plenty of friends. In fact it's easier for all of us to hang out online and chat and play, than try to get everyone to the same place to hang out. I still even hit the gym for 2 hours a day. I'm definitely a gamer, just not your stereotypical overweight loser type.
                This except I'm probably fatter, lol
                Originally posted by Nash B.
                Damn, man. Sorry to hear that. If it'll cheer you up, Geor swallows. And even if it doesn't cheer you up, it cheers him up.

Comment

Fucking nerds.

What time are the clan matches?

Comment

I've got 3 kids. I mostly play RTS (Starcraft 2 and Company of Heroes right now) and some FPS (Call of Duty series). On the time issue, it's mostly after all the kids (and wife) are in bed, so I'll game 9-10pm to midnight. It's either that or read a book or watch some TV shows till I go to bed. As said, get on a VOIP and much easier to "hang" with buddies than to try an console/LAN party.

The notion that games are for "kids" is way past due. Been gaming since 1995 when the first C&C came out. Why should I drop a fun "hobby" because I'm older? Besides, gaming is the cheapest hobby I have. $60 will last me 6+ months of entertainment.
                    "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

I'm in my mid-20s and still play quite a bit. I play in spurts, I put my PS3 on hold while I applied to grad school and studied for a few work related tests. But I'm also not married or have kids.

I also managed to quit WoW about a year ago. But I still use my joke when I meet someone who stills plays, "Oh, so you got tired of having sex with women too?"

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
                        I got to thinking about this the other day... I'm 29 and still sometimes play them (2-3 hours a month) but i dont consider myself a gamer... So my question is how is too old to be a "gamer"?... Lets say someone who plays more than 14 hours per week..
                        As long as they function like a normal adult i.e. job, pays bills, feeds ones self, bathes regularly...

then there's no such thing as "too old" for games

I used to be HUGE into online gaming for money, but simply don't have the time to, otherwise I would.
                        Originally posted by Vertnut
                        I'd run my junk through a waffle iron, if it makes you more "comfortable". LOL!

Comment

I'm 26 and I go through spurts. Basically if a good game just came out, leave me the hell alone. Otherwise, I might play an hour here and there. When Mass Effect 2 came out, I called in sick the next day and played for probably 12+hours. Good video games own me.
                          "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

I have played games since the early 80s. I don't really consider myself a "gamer" though.

There are 80 year old ladies who play World of Warcraft, I have ran across two of them. It seems strange, I know.
                            Originally posted by racrguy
                            What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                            Originally posted by racrguy
                            Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Yep, I've got friends around the country that I can honestly say I would talk to one or two times a month if it wasn't for playing online with them. It's kind of a package deal; we shoot the shit while we play video games a couple times a week. When Madden comes out it gets pretty fun.
                              An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea whose time has come.

-Victor Hugo

Comment

Working...
                              X