Insurance wreck payment question. Please enter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insurance wreck payment question. Please enter

Well some nimrod Wasn't paying attention and hit my wife at a red light.
    He clearly admits fault and she got his info and his ins info.

Here is the iffy part I need help with. We recently bought the car and it hasn't been titled in her name yet. She was waiting for the name change after we recently got married. So the title is still in the previous owners name.

If we go ahead and file the claim, will we get paid or will the ins try to pay the former owner since it is still titled in his name?

Any help is greatly appreciated.
    86 SVO

They will reimburse you.
    How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

You shouldn't be filing a claim his insurance should be calling you to take care of everything if he claims fault. The insurance company will reimburse you even though the title hasn't changed over. I'm dealing with this again in my other new truck. I was rearended in January and my 4 month old truck was totaled so I bought a new truck and got rearended again. Hope you get everything you deserve from the insurance

Comment

Originally posted by sniper87 View Post
        You shouldn't be filing a claim his insurance should be calling you to take care of everything if he claims fault. The insurance company will reimburse you even though the title hasn't changed over. I'm dealing with this again in my other new truck. I was rearended in January and my 4 month old truck was totaled so I bought a new truck and got rearended again. Hope you get everything you deserve from the insurance
        DAMN that's some bad luck right there!!!!
        Thanks for the insight. Good luck on yours.
        86 SVO

Comment

His insurance won't call, and if you call them they will probably be a pain in the ass to deal with; we just went through this with my wife's car 3 weeks after we bought it. Call your insurance and go through them; they will fix your car and fight with the other insurance company for reimbursement. Talking with the other person's insurance made me want to go to a daycare and punch babies.
          I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

so far everything has been taken care of by his insurance. if you have his policy information and a contact number I would be calling them to see if anything was called in. my first wreck the lady didnt call and make a claim for the first 24 hours after it happened. i ended up calling her insurance and got the ball rolling. once i made the call they called her and got the story. after that it was fairly smooth sailing because she admitted fault and they paid all my doctors bills, paid off most of my truck and gap paid the rest, and i also got a decent check for pain and suffering. was your wife hurt in the accident? has she gone to the doctor for anything accident related? do you have PIP on your insurance policy? if you do Texas allows double dipping and that is where you file a claim against your PIP policy and get paid for any and all medical bills twice. it is legal just ask your insurance company about it. like i said i have done all this twice this year.

Comment

Eh.. depends. If you have the title and it's been signed over to you, it shouldn't be a problem.

Comment

Might depend on the insurance company. I was hit in the driver's side door coming up on a month ago and the girl that hit me, her insurance company hasn't called me one single time. Every time I've had to call to get an update on what the hell is going on. They end every conversation with "we'll call you back within 2 business days" and that hasn't ever happened once.
                --Marcus

Comment

Originally posted by LANTIRN View Post
                  His insurance won't call, and if you call them they will probably be a pain in the ass to deal with; we just went through this with my wife's car 3 weeks after we bought it. Call your insurance and go through them; they will fix your car and fight with the other insurance company for reimbursement. Talking with the other person's insurance made me want to go to a daycare and punch babies.
                  when the lady pulled out in front of my in my trans am, i called her insurance co 30 mins after the accident and filed a claim to be proactive. 2 hours later they called me and said they were taking care of it and take it to the shop of my choosing. from some of the horror stories i've heard re: dealing with an at fault driver's ins co i guess i was very lucky.

Comment

Originally posted by Pro88LX View Post
                    when the lady pulled out in front of my in my trans am, i called her insurance co 30 mins after the accident and filed a claim to be proactive. 2 hours later they called me and said they were taking care of it and take it to the shop of my choosing. from some of the horror stories i've heard re: dealing with an at fault driver's ins co i guess i was very lucky.
                    Soccer mom on cell phone in Frisco?

Comment

Originally posted by Pro88LX View Post
                      You were; mine was a fucking nightmare; the other insurance couldn't get in touch with the woman at fault for over 2 weeks, and they did not seem to give a shit either. I let my insurance deal with it, but they called and filled me in every few days. Like my friend said; let your insurance deal with it, after all, that is what you pay them for.
                      I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Originally posted by Ratt View Post
                        Soccer mom on cell phone in Frisco?
                        Asian woman (enough said) in Garland.

Comment

Originally posted by 1fast4 View Post
                          Well some nimrod Wasn't paying attention and hit my wife at a red light.
                          He clearly admits fault and she got his info and his ins info.

Here is the iffy part I need help with. We recently bought the car and it hasn't been titled in her name yet. She was waiting for the name change after we recently got married. So the title is still in the previous owners name.

If we go ahead and file the claim, will we get paid or will the ins try to pay the former owner since it is still titled in his name?

Any help is greatly appreciated.
                          If it's not a total loss, then they don't even need to know about the title. Just set up the claim with the at fault persons insurance, be sure to ask for a rental car and compensation for lost wages for any paid time missed as part of the accident/repair process.

pm me if you have any questions and wanna chat it up
                          Originally posted by Vertnut
                          I'd run my junk through a waffle iron, if it makes you more "comfortable". LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by MutherjuggZ View Post
                            If it's not a total loss, then they don't even need to know about the title.
                            If I ran a DMV check, and the car isn't titled to you, and you don't have the title in your name, or at least signed over to you, you ain't getting paid.

Comment

Originally posted by GE View Post
                              If I ran a DMV check, and the car isn't titled to you, and you don't have the title in your name, or at least signed over to you, you ain't getting paid.
                              You're acting like that's the norm... get out of here with all that extra leg work bullshit. I have had this same question hit me a THOUSAND times and I used to always answer with your exact response, but claims offices across Texas have proved that statement wrong time and time and time and time and time again.

Usually, if it's not asked or told, it's not checked. That's just been my experience.
                              Originally posted by Vertnut
                              I'd run my junk through a waffle iron, if it makes you more "comfortable". LOL!

Comment

Working...
                              X