First day back to school, teacher sends homework home for parents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by slow99 View Post
    I don't think I'd be comfortable with that... I don't even know you.
    Guess I should of offered some beer

Comment

• Originally posted by akfodysvn View Post
      if people truly were concerned and not just bitching/complaining like most American's, they would send their child to private school. If it's that important, you find a way, there are always exceptions. Hands down you will get a better education from a private school
      Sooo... you went to public school?

Comment

• Originally posted by talisman View Post
        Who gave this vagina a registration email?
        You fail at sarcasm.
        www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

• This is pretty hilarious. I wish school was like this back in my day. Watching my parents do homework while I chilled would have been fun.

Comment

• I love this site.... we can all bitch about the teachers sucking... but when it comes to something that we could do to help her help our children.. she is even worse because she asked (told) us to do something.
            www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

• Hopefully you are not complaining about the assignment in front of your child. Rather, you are showing him/her that homework of any kind is important and should be done immediately and not put off. Good chance to teach by actions.
              www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

• Originally posted by kevinmandez View Post
                This is pretty hilarious. I wish school was like this back in my day. Watching my parents do homework while I chilled would have been fun.
                Who the hell are you?
                www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

• Originally posted by mustangguy289 View Post
                  You fail at sarcasm.
                  Learn
                  Originally posted by mustangguy289 View Post
                  I love this site.... we can all bitch about the teachers sucking... but when it comes to something that we could do to help her help our children.. she is even worse because she asked (told) us to do something.
                  the
                  Hopefully you are not complaining about the assignment in front of your child. Rather, you are showing him/her that homework of any kind is important and should be done immediately and not put off. Good chance to teach by actions.
                  multi
                  Who the hell are you?

Comment

• Originally posted by mustangguy289 View Post
                    Who the hell are you?
                    kevinmandez would be my guess.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                      Learn

the

multi

Why?
                      www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

• Originally posted by lo3oz View Post
                        kevinmandez would be my guess.
                        Not likely.

Comment

• Originally posted by stevo View Post
                          I doubt she is going to remember the details of 35 different children.

Robert, we have not met this teacher since she is new and we didn't know which teacher he was going to have for the year until last week.

Stevo
                          It's good to see how much faith you are giving the person who has been trained to do this. Maybe you should get in the classroom if you could do better. I guarantee she will remember the details of all 35 kids. Maybe not this week, maybe not next, but in a few weeks, she will probably know those kids better than you know them. Go ahead and disagree with me. I've only got 11 years experience.

This is why so many teachers quit. ONE FUCKING WORD sent you straight over the top. And before you say you weren't, you posted a thread complaining about it and have had several posts insisting this is ridiculous.

Originally posted by akfodysvn View Post
                          if people truly were concerned and not just bitching/complaining like most American's, they would send their child to private school. If it's that important, you find a way, there are always exceptions. Hands down you will get a better education from a private school
                          That's a crock of shit. I went to private schools for 4 years and I can tell you now, I got a better education at Southlake public schools than I ever did at the private ones. All the bad kids from public school that have been suspended or expelled go there. They brought in drugs, fighting and other issues that had not previously been there. That takes away from learning and potentially puts your kids more at risk since most private schools do not have liaison officers or the staff to help those situations.

Nice try, though.

Originally posted by Treasure Chest View Post
                          Shit. The majority of private schools here are Christian schools that may be ok in the lower grades, but as they get older, there are more entitled pricks and better grades of pot than anything else. For the most part, it's a facade of a better education and good Christian peers.
                          THIS!!
                          Token Split Tail

Originally posted by slow99
                          Lmao...my favorite female poster strikes again.
                          Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz
                          You are a moron .... you were fucking with the most powerful vagina on DFW(MU)stangs.

Comment

• Originally posted by slow99 View Post
                            I don't think I'd be comfortable with that... I don't even know you.
                            I think that’s the point. Getting to know the person teaching your kid.

I would probably bitch about having to do it also. but if it helps the kid to see you do your homework and in turn makes them do theirs then eh it’s all good.

Comment

• My kids will never go to Private schools.
                              www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Leah View Post
                                It's good to see how much faith you are giving the person who has been trained to do this. Maybe you should get in the classroom if you could do better. I guarantee she will remember the details of all 35 kids. Maybe not this week, maybe not next, but in a few weeks, she will probably know those kids better than you know them. Go ahead and disagree with me. I've only got 11 years experience.
                                SO, I guess you can list everything mentioned in the letter about one of your 35 students from last year?

I am sorry this has you so asshurt, but like it or not every teacher isn't a good teacher, hell yourself was mentioned just a few weeks ago about how many teachers have entered the school systems recently that are only in it for the money, only to find out how bad they suck at teaching. Your blind defense of teachers in whole has you sounding like a certain officer that rushes into every FTP thread...

Originally posted by Leah View Post
                                This is why so many teachers quit. ONE FUCKING WORD sent you straight over the top. And before you say you weren't, you posted a thread complaining about it and have had several posts insisting this is ridiculous.
                                You mad? If making a thread on a forum bitching about some letter a teacher sent home is a leading cause of teachers quitting, then I really don't know what to say. I haven't said anything to the teacher, I said that I thought it was arrogant of the teacher to demand parents write an essay with a due date. I said it isn't the teachers place to judge the education of parents as it shouldn't have any bearing on HOW she teachers the child.

Stevo
                                Originally posted by SSMAN
                                ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Working...
                                X