Law Enforcement members

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Law Enforcement members

Debating with a coworker as to the highest law enforcement in the state of Texas. With the exception of the Secret Service when the President is in the area; what are the levels/ranking of authority. Top to bottom. Thanks for the info in advance.

Comment

Isn't it based on jurisdiction and type of crime?

Comment

Texas Rangers are pretty high up there

Comment

paladin. there is none higher

god bless.
          It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

We are debating who is higher. Texas Rangers or Game Wardens specifically. But I would like a breakdown on where they all fall for grins.

Comment

Originally posted by 2K2 LS1 View Post
              We are debating who is higher. Texas Rangers or Game Wardens specifically. But I would like a breakdown on where they all fall for grins.
              That's the thing, it's not like one is automatically higher than the other. It depends on what they're enforcing.

Comment

Game Warden is there to keep the state parks clean and crime free. The prevent poaching and the like.

Texas Rangers are a state wide LE agency, but aren't there to deal with poaching, wildlife issues, or anything else that occurs in a state park.

I think the answer depends on the situation, one may have more pull than the other, but i don't think at any time one always supercedes the other.

Comment

More or less as far as what all they can do when they enforce a law. For example the Warden can seize a vehicle and property.

Comment

So basically who has the widest breadth of powers available to them?

"It's ok ma'am, I'm from the gubment."

Comment

Chuck Norris.

/Thread
                      www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

Originally posted by mustangguy289 View Post
                        Chuck Norris.

/Thread
                        I already tried that, these people just don't understand.

Comment

Game Wardens don't fuck around. For game related crimes they do not need warrant's to perform a search. Comissioned Game Wardens, which I believe most actual Game Wardens are, have full law enforcement authority over all of Texas.

Comment

Originally posted by GSXR_Mike View Post
                            I already tried that, these people just don't understand.

Comment

I would say the game warden, but that is strictly my opinion, not based on facts.
                              Wanna see my care face???

Comment

Working...
                              X