aquarium peeps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aquarium peeps

I picked up a 125 gallon tank and im am going to put a bass in it.
    I have two 90gallon filters and an air pump good for up to 170 gallon tank, it seems to be putting a ton of air in the tank. Im thinking of putting a smallish cat fish and a small bass in it. Ill put a pic up later.
    What are some other rather aggressive or cool fish that I could put in there with the bass, that it wont eat.
    ازدهار رأسه برعشيت

it is illegal to keep game fish without a license.
    first class white trash

Comment

Originally posted by forbes View Post
      it is illegal to keep game fish without a license.
      well then hypothetically? guess I wont be having a bass..
      ازدهار رأسه برعشيت

Comment

A couple Oscars would do well in a 125 gallon....

Comment

Game wardens do home visits to check people's aquariums?

Just don't get caught catching them. Some aquarium shops sell legal bass too...don't know what kind they are but they look like mini-largemouth bass.

Highly doubt you could put any other aquarium store bought fish with a bass. It'll grow huge and suck them right up. Most aquarium fish aren't much bigger than a minnow...
          2004 Z06 Commemorative Ed.

Comment

they wouldnt have a chance with a bass. a red devil maybe or a jack knife. i doubt he is getting a bass from a store which means it has its natural tendancies. and that is to eat whateve he can take a bite of
            first class white trash

Comment

Originally posted by forbes View Post
              they wouldnt have a chance with a bass. a red devil maybe or a jack knife. i doubt he is getting a bass from a store which means it has its natural tendancies. and that is to eat whateve he can take a bite of
              the girlfriend wants a fish, so i was thinking of putting a perch or sunfish or something in there with it for her, they are actually pretty colorful fish, but if there is something i could maybe get at a pet store that would be cool.
              ازدهار رأسه برعشيت

Comment

I think an Oscar would be a good pick; they actually seem to have a personality. I also have a 120 gal tank with a tiger Oscar, 2 plecos (sucker fish), bala sharks and a few others that just hide all day. The Oscar seems to own the tank. Put a new plant in that he doesn't like and he removes it. Move an existing plant and he doesn't like it and he will pull it out of the rocks. New fish? he eats the ones he doesn't like.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike K View Post
                  I think an Oscar would be a good pick; they actually seem to have a personality. I also have a 120 gal tank with a tiger Oscar, 2 plecos (sucker fish), bala sharks and a few others that just hide all day. The Oscar seems to own the tank. Put a new plant in that he doesn't like and he removes it. Move an existing plant and he doesn't like it and he will pull it out of the rocks. New fish? he eats the ones he doesn't like.
                  are there any places in fort worth that sell decent sized oscars? i want one after seeing some videos and pictures of them, they would fit in nice with a bass as long as it wasnt to small and gets eaten.
                  ازدهار رأسه برعشيت

Comment

I would stay away from the Oscars myself. Although they might be a nice looking fish, they grow very fast and are VERY dirty fish - They put more waste in a tank by themselves than what 10 cichilds would put in.

I have an Oscar in my 150 Gallon tank and hes about 8 inches now and he is not lively at all, he just slowly swims around. Do some reading on them before you make your purchase.

If you wanted some very nice yet semi aggressive fish, I would look into an kind of Mbuna Cichild.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike K View Post
                      Yea, I love my Oscar too....

Lots of attitude...

You can tell when he's pissed off, or hungry.

He friggin HATES when I clean the tank and move stuff around.

He'll tear stuff out and sulk at the bottom of the tank for awhile...

Smurfette just calls him the "Asshole" fish.... LMAO

-------------------

An Oscar eating frogs:

Last edited by Gargamel; 08-19-2011, 01:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by matts5.0 View Post
                        are there any places in fort worth that sell decent sized oscars? i want one after seeing some videos and pictures of them, they would fit in nice with a bass as long as it wasnt to small and gets eaten.
                        I've seen some nice size oscars at Dallas North Aquarium...

Comment

I had an oscar for about 10 years and he got to be 12-13" before he finally died. They do seem to have a personality, mine would come up and eat goldfish nout of your hand or come up to the top of the tank and let you scratch his back, lol. They poop alot and leave bits of half chewed food all over the place too so you need to clean the tank quite a bit and as said before they will try to eat anything that will fit in it's mouth.
                          Originally posted by Nash B.
                          Damn, man. Sorry to hear that. If it'll cheer you up, Geor swallows. And even if it doesn't cheer you up, it cheers him up.

Comment

if you want a bass, get a bass!

if you want 1 just fish, get a flowerhorn (might be firehorn)... it's some hybrid cichlid. they look cool but they are ridiculously aggressive.

a pair of jack dempseys is a good alternate to the oscar. one of mine made it 8-9 years but a broken filter caused his untimely death.

look into arrapaima or arrowanas. they get HUGE but them bitches are ugly.

fresh water eels and rays are another option, then of course there is always a pacu or piranha
                            www.hppmotorsports.com
                            ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

i have about 4-5 convicts left alive. once they die off im going to go a different direction and get 100 tetras so they swim in a school. think that would be a cool look.
                              www.hppmotorsports.com
                              ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

Working...
                              X