No announcement yet.

West Memphis 3 may be exonerated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Someone edited a "best of" the redneck step-dad. This is how I picture many dfwmustangers.

In August 2007, Pamela Hobbs, the mother of victim Steven Branch, and John Mark Byers, adoptive father of Christopher Byers, joined those who have publicly questioned the verdicts, calling for a reopening of the verdicts and further investigation of the evidence.[citation needed] In late 2007, John Mark Byers, adoptive father to Christopher Byers, announced that he now believes that Echols, Misskelley, and Baldwin are innocent. "I believe I would be the last person on the face of the earth that people would expect or dream to see say free the West Memphis 3," said Byers. "From looking at the evidence and the facts that were presented to me, I have no doubt the West Memphis 3 are innocent."

US Politics in three words - Divide and Conquer

Comment

Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
      I remember when that happened and followed the story in the news, and also have watched 2 documentaries about it....I'm pretty sure they won't be exonerated. Those were some seriously fucked up teenagers.
      There's alot of fucked up teenagers out there but they dont get locked up for 18 years for murders they didnt commit... I think the most telling thing is the fact the families of the murdered kids want the boys exonerated. I think it was the mystery black guy (bojangles) and hobbs/hobb's friend and byers. those guys should all fry immediately.
      http://www.amazon.com/Viralution-Don...don+kehlenbeck

www.facebook.com/TheViralution

Comment

Originally posted by tribaltalon View Post
        There's alot of fucked up teenagers out there but they dont get locked up for 18 years for murders they didnt commit... I think the most telling thing is the fact the families of the murdered kids want the boys exonerated. I think it was the mystery black guy (bojangles) and hobbs/hobb's friend and byers. those guys should all fry immediately.
        ZOMG Metallica, they must die!!!one!!!

Small town people are scary.
        US Politics in three words - Divide and Conquer

Comment

[QUOTE=Hobie;366968]Not even within the realm of possibility.

/QUOTE]

Remember where you are, anything is possible.

Stevo
          Originally posted by SSMAN
          ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

they are out! the plea agreement was weird though that they would plea as guilty?maybe to avoid the state paying them lots of $ for lost wages and punitive damages?

Comment

.......and they are free........ish

Comment

Yep, there are free thanks to the enigma that is the Alford plea. Must be odd to be able to maintain your claim of innocence, but yet forced to accept guilt to get credit for time served. Well, they had a lot working in their favor. They never changed a word of their story while in prison. And the newly submitted DNA doesn't connect them to the crime scene. This is still one very fucked up case. The boys are liberated from life in prison and death row, but it's still a win for the State of Arkansas prosecution due to the Alford plea. However, you still have some person or persons who killed and mutilated 3 boys who has not been brought to justice.

Comment

I say fry them, juuuust in case.
                  Originally posted by Nash B.
                  Damn, man. Sorry to hear that. If it'll cheer you up, Geor swallows. And even if it doesn't cheer you up, it cheers him up.

Comment

Originally posted by onemeangixxer7502 View Post
                    they are out! the plea agreement was weird though that they would plea as guilty?maybe to avoid the state paying them lots of $ for lost wages and punitive damages?
                    So, correct me if I'm wrong....DNA doesn't link them to the murders, they pleaded guilty, acknowledged that no one else is involved, and the state has enough evidence to convict them....so they're being released immediately?

Comment

Originally posted by Treasure Chest View Post
                      So, correct me if I'm wrong....DNA doesn't link them to the murders, they pleaded guilty, acknowledged that no one else is involved, and the state has enough evidence to convict them....so they're being released immediately?
                      Read up on the Alford plea process. And, yes, it doesn't make any sense. However, those boys don't care because they are now free men. And they'll probably all become quite wealthy in the coming years.

Comment

Originally posted by 3.90x3.62 View Post
                        However, you still have some person or persons who killed and mutilated 3 boys who has not been brought to justice.
                        So the bat shit crazy step father is no longer being investigated?

Comment

Read up on the Alford plea process. And, yes, it doesn't make any sense. However, those boys don't care because they are now free men. And they'll probably all become quite wealthy in the coming years.
                          Very interesting. What I don't understand is why they're shutting out the possibility that someone else could've been involved, when they hair from the stepfather's friend on the tree near the bodies?

Comment

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
                            So the bat shit crazy step father is no longer being investigated?
                            Technically, I don't see how they could ever charge him on this crime at this point. Because under the plea agreement the West Memphis 3 get to maintain their statement of innocence, but has to concede that the prosecution has adequate proof of guilt. This allows the state of Arkansas to justify on record that they didn't send 3 innocent kids to prison for 18 years. With one of them being on death row. It's a complex and confusing case for sure.

If you watch the documentaries and dig into the case files. The step father is hip deep in this murder mystery. Actually, I find it disturbing to watch him in an interview.

Comment

I didn't know what this was until I saw the image on the you tube videos. That dude is one sick MF. I remember him having his teeth pulled so that he wouldn't have to submit to a bite test and see if it matched the one on the victim.

Comment

If you watch the documentaries and dig into the case files. The step father is hip deep in this murder mystery. Actually, I find it disturbing to watch him in an interview.
                                I saw two different documentaries. I think the later one stated possible physical evidence was found from the step father? I also heard no physical evidence was ever found because the bodies were in the creek and any sort of evidence was washed away. Kind of confused as to what they've actually found.

Comment

Working...
                                X