No announcement yet.

Electric Rates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lol until you price it. Like the he'll out of him but he is more about quality then price. He is good but not cheap
    1969 GTO Judge Clone 6.0 liter LQ4 Turbo 4L60e on LS1tech

1960 Chevy Sedan Delivery LS swap

Comment

Gexa Energy

Currently locked in at a fixed $.089/kWh

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
        Then why would current rates still show to be 4.5-6 cents/kWhr?

I can get 8 cents fixed, but I'm going to have to switch providers to do so. Reliant is offering 8.something to new customers, but the best they are offering me is 10.9.

BTW - Where is Nate? Lying sack of shit. "Your bill won't go up when you get the new meters." Am I supposed to believe that I used 1400 more kWh this year, than the same billing cycle from last year? When the amount of people living in my house was cut in half? Ridiculous. Reliant's about to get told to fuck off and die.
        Well, first of all, the new meters have been proven accurate. So if your usage has gone up that much then your old meter must have been bad. Second, Reliant has nothing to do with your meter or how much usage is reported, that all comes straight from Oncor (along with those meters, though they were mandated by the PUC.

As far as current index rates, the actual billed rates change by the hour, 24 times a day. They are purely based on the market. All I can guess is they are giving the average rate over some specific period.

Overall many people see alot of savings on the variable rate plans, but it is all a gamble and the times you have the most of your usage are the times when prices are highest.

Comment

I thought de-regulation was supposed to make electricity cheaper for the consumer?

I moved from Houston to OKC last week. My electric in Houston was with Gexa Energy at 8.5 cents/kwh. As a comparison, OG&E is regulated and their website shows 8-9 cents/kwh. I guess I don't see the savings?
          - Darrell

1993 LX - Reef Blue R331ci
          1993 Cobra #199 - SOLD

Comment

i finally made the change myself. Went from TXU to pennywise. My bill drop so much. Damn TXU was high. I almost saved $100 a month just switching. But i choose the fixed.

Comment

Working...
            X