• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SMKR View Post
    dumb question but are the R32's diesel?
    no, those are the tdi's

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
      Oz, don't let the haters bother you. These guys will bitch about anything just for some entertainment. lol. I'm indecisive at times as well, or deals fall through etc. Shit just happens.
      Haha yeah it doesn't bother me anymore. I know I can get some damn good information off this site still when it's needed. But they do have a point about my fickle-ness, so no arguing there.

This GTI will be just a fun daily, will still have a project again sometime.

Comment

I drive a 2010 TDI Jetta. I love this little car. I have not had one single problem. Well except for the dipshit talking on his phone and rearending me, but we cant blame VW for that. I would buy another VW in a heart beat. I would kill for a TDI CC.

Comment

Originally posted by Beej View Post
          I drive a 2010 TDI Jetta. I love this little car. I have not had one single problem. Well except for the dipshit talking on his phone and rearending me, but we cant blame VW for that. I would buy another VW in a heart beat. I would kill for a TDI CC.
          Yeah the TDI's have always been a cool car, awesome torque as well + gas mileage.

I assume you sold your 350z for the Jetta?

That 350z was good looking.

Comment

Oz, don't let the haters bother you. These guys will bitch about anything just for some entertainment. lol. I'm indecisive at times as well, or deals fall through etc. Shit just happens.
            I've been shopping for another bike and have been all over the place, haven't been asking for advise here though. It'd drive everyone nuts, I like them all and change my mind daily. Looking for a good cruiser that's not completely dressed out. Something exactly like the HD Switchback but not $16k.

Comment

Originally posted by ozzeran View Post
              Haha yeah it doesn't bother me anymore. I know I can get some damn good information off this site still when it's needed. But they do have a point about my fickle-ness, so no arguing there.

This GTI will be just a fun daily, will still have a project again sometime.
              I've been flip flopping back and forth from GT500 to a C6 Z06 for so long it's crazy. lol.

In my opinion, the Z06 is the superior car in every way in terms of performance. It's the best bang for the buck performance of our generation as of yet. The downside it that it's a two seater and no place for my daughter to ride in it. With a cam and longtubes, it's an N/A car that is easily a mid 10 car and no hassles of a power adder car.

The GT500 is also a great car and alot of fun to drive. The interior is far superior of that to that Z06 and also has a backseat. Add a pulley, or KB/Whipple to the GT500 and it's one hell of a torque monster to drive around town, but still not exactly the fastest thing around because it murders the tires, but the torque is alot of fun. Plus the whine of the blower is alot of fun.

Then I go back to, this is something for me and the wife to enjoy, most times I'm usually out by myself, or the wife is with me on occasion. The baby has never rode in either the Mach or the Cobra before.

I've had over a dozen Mustangs now, I'd really like something different, but also like most people nervous about getting away from what I know.

I just need to win the lottery so I can buy all the cars I want and not to just choose one. lol.

Comment

i wish this GTD would come to america, 170hp, 15 sec 1/4 mile, 43 mpg on the highway

Comment

I've been flip flopping back and forth from GT500 to a C6 Z06 for so long it's crazy. lol.

In my opinion, the Z06 is the superior car in every way in terms of performance. It's the best bang for the buck performance of our generation as of yet. The downside it that it's a two seater and no place for my daughter to ride in it. With a cam and longtubes, it's an N/A car that is easily a mid 10 car and no hassles of a power adder car.

The GT500 is also a great car and alot of fun to drive. The interior is far superior of that to that Z06 and also has a backseat. Add a pulley, or KB/Whipple to the GT500 and it's one hell of a torque monster to drive around town, but still not exactly the fastest thing around because it murders the tires, but the torque is alot of fun. Plus the whine of the blower is alot of fun.

Then I go back to, this is something for me and the wife to enjoy, most times I'm usually out by myself, or the wife is with me on occasion. The baby has never rode in either the Mach or the Cobra before.

I've had over a dozen Mustangs now, I'd really like something different, but also like most people nervous about getting away from what I know.

I just need to win the lottery so I can buy all the cars I want and not to just choose one. lol.
                  I completely know where you are coming from man.

Id love the C6Z but no back seat, and just a lot of them here locally where I live. I have 2 young daughters so that makes it a no-no with them, and they like to go fast so I lean at times to the GT500. Only problem is the lack of hookup under acceleration. If you could squeeze 315s or 335s back there then maybe it would work. Ive also considered the Challenger but they are pigs unless you do some work to them.

Comment

I completely know where you are coming from man.

Id love the C6Z but no back seat, and just a lot of them here locally where I live. I have 2 young daughters so that makes it a no-no with them, and they like to go fast so I lean at times to the GT500. Only problem is the lack of hookup under acceleration. If you could squeeze 315s or 335s back there then maybe it would work. Ive also considered the Challenger but they are pigs unless you do some work to them.
                    I'm 99% on the Z06 now, just took a long time to get there. If we want to go cruising as family in a "hot rod" we've got the Mach which is just sitting in the garage collecting dust.

We're going to be selling the Magnum SRT8 as soon as I sell the Cobra. It's been a great car, it's just expensive to own and maintain. There is a serious markup on SRT8 parts (typical for MOPAR I suppose), but even more irritating, those parts are never in stock. So I will never own another MOPAR product again, it's not worth the hassle for a daily driver. I need a truck for a daily anyways for work/hobby stuff and its abit over the top for a family cruiser just to haul the baby around in. lol.

Comment

At least you have it narrowed down to 2 cars Steve

I don't think I would hesitate to get the Z06 though, especially for the kind of performance that you like and want.

Also maybe get a regular plain ole sedan for a daily sometime

Comment

The new vw products are pretty solid. They have come a long way in the last 10 years. I work at Autobahn if you need a service hook up.

My buddy has a pretty fast gti btw http://youtu.be/fy28qa9Gk1c
                        2010 Camaro SS Boosted

Comment

Originally posted by ozzeran View Post
                          Yeah the TDI's have always been a cool car, awesome torque as well + gas mileage.

I assume you sold your 350z for the Jetta?

That 350z was good looking.
                          Ya, I needed something a little more practicle for hauling my bikes around. The wife and I are looking at a Boss, or GT500 in the next few years.

Comment

i wish this GTD would come to america, 170hp, 15 sec 1/4 mile, 43 mpg on the highway

Its just a TDI Golf with the GTI body parts. Nothing real special. A set of wheels springs, and the front bumper and you are good to go.

Comment

Working...
                            X