Seriously, are we that PC now???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seriously, are we that PC now???

5 am, headed to work. Listening to radio. Song by Everlast "What it's like" comes on. Now I'm used to the radio edits on the curse words, BUT they freaking edited out the words "pulled out his chrome .45"...NO EFFING KIDDING. Seriously ??? WTH happened. I think it was on Jack or 97.1, can't remember (5 am sucks)...

It's the prime time radio edit. It has always been that way

Comment

lol
      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Thats better than the word "sex". That bothers me when I hear it on the radio.
        .....bro....

Comment

Something was on the TV earlier, I noticed they edited out 'gay' and 'fag', but didn't edit out 'pussy'. I thought it was kind of odd.

Stevo
          Originally posted by SSMAN
          ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

It's always been edited for as long as I've heard it on the regular radio. I'm talking years too.

Comment

That song has been edited that way for the ten years or so since it came out. They also edit out "green." when he is talking about smoking pot.

Comment

I've heard the other edits. This is the first time I heard them edit out "chrome .45".. Geeez, we're turning pussy

Comment

All this bad language..need a work warning for my innocent eyes

Comment

I always laugh when they would play "regulators" and they edited out the word "cold".

Too much censorship is a very bad thing.

Comment

Originally posted by dcs13 View Post
                      I've heard the other edits. This is the first time I heard them edit out "chrome .45".. Geeez, we're turning pussy
                      And it's all the old folks forcing the censoring...old people these days...

Comment

Originally posted by dcs13 View Post
                        Many of the more conservative stations will do those types of edits on weekends and when kids are out of school. After 10pm or between 9am and 3pm on a weekday, they'll play a less edited version.

Comment

clear channel stations blow...wish I had XM
                          2004 Mustang GT: BBK shorty headers, BBK O/R X, Flowmaster catback, JLT cold air, Trickflow 75mm TB and Plenum, UD pulleys, upper and lower CA's, 3.73, SCT XCal 2 ---- SOLD

Comment

Working...
                          X