Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OMG! Rebecca Black had to drop out of school!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by talisman View Post
    I mean exactly what I said. That can't possibly be legal to force a worker to spend their own money on students. That they would even have to consider doing it is completely outrageous.
    It is outrageous but it happens every year. My wife is an elementary school music teacher in a title 1 school. We have had to buy some supplies for the kids, hell, we've had to pay out of pocket for some recorders twice. She's required to do several shows a year with choir, bell choir, recorders. She has to do a show at at least 3 of the PTA meetings every year on top of holiday shows and several others. When do practices happen, all after school.

Luckily we live close to the school. But she leaves here at 7;15 unless she has morning duty, then she has to be there at 6:55. She hasn't gotten home at or before 5pm in several years. She usually has to spend at least 5 hours on a weekend getting school shit ready for the next week.

Yes, the holidays are nice, and so is the time off during the summer. However, they have teacher development stuff she has to do, required classes that we usually have to pay for out of pocket, teacher workdays. It's not just free time off like the kids get.

Then you have the stupid shit with trying to discipline a kid. A kid called her a bitch, she sent the kid to the office, they sent the kid back and told her that that wasn't something she needed to send them to the office for. That she needed to deal with it herself. Put him in the corner, not let him participate, etc??? NOPE can't do that. She can be disciplined for denying the kid their education if she does that.

Man I could keep going, but I'm tired of typing. Sorry about that. RANT OFF.
    "You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating Fruit Loops on your front porch"

Comment

Originally posted by AdRock View Post
      It is outrageous but it happens every year. My wife is an elementary school music teacher in a title 1 school. We have had to buy some supplies for the kids, hell, we've had to pay out of pocket for some recorders twice. She's required to do several shows a year with choir, bell choir, recorders. She has to do a show at at least 3 of the PTA meetings every year on top of holiday shows and several others. When do practices happen, all after school.

Luckily we live close to the school. But she leaves here at 7;15 unless she has morning duty, then she has to be there at 6:55. She hasn't gotten home at or before 5pm in several years. She usually has to spend at least 5 hours on a weekend getting school shit ready for the next week.

Yes, the holidays are nice, and so is the time off during the summer. However, they have teacher development stuff she has to do, required classes that we usually have to pay for out of pocket, teacher workdays. It's not just free time off like the kids get.

Then you have the stupid shit with trying to discipline a kid. A kid called her a bitch, she sent the kid to the office, they sent the kid back and told her that that wasn't something she needed to send them to the office for. That she needed to deal with it herself. Put him in the corner, not let him participate, etc??? NOPE can't do that. She can be disciplined for denying the kid their education if she does that.

Man I could keep going, but I'm tired of typing. Sorry about that. RANT OFF.
      Fuck being a teacher, that sounds terrible.

Comment

it's not legal to force a teacher to come out of pocket on stuff for the kids, but they all do it... my wife has had to do it a lot. She could make waves over $50-100 every once in a while or just soldier on and make sure the kids have what they need
        http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Eh, Rebecca doesn't look that bad.......

Comment

And to think.....That's what I'm going to school for. But teaching is my passion. So eff it!

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Mc View Post
              Pretty sure Eric means how is it that the teachers have to pay those bills when the school or parents should pay for the supplies
              The school gets around it as the "students" are supposed to bring in the supplies, each student is supposed to bring 500 sheets of printer paper, scissors, pens, notebook paper, folders blah blah blah. Not to mention candy/prizes for rewards, cause that is the only way you can motivate these kids because failing or detention doesn't even effect them one bit.

The reality is a very small fraction actually bring anything at all. Being a title one school most of the kids are on free breakfast and lunch in the first place. She even has students that are court ordered to be in her classroom. So she(or better yet I) end up buying supplies.

I'm going to say any givin year, because of her employment, either with supplies or other misc expenses we spend a grand or two a year easily.

Her first year or two we spent well more then that, as we had to buy all her decorations for her classroom etc. For Christmas every year I get her GiantMicrobes to help teach with.

She also has a class pet(guinea pig) that is used also as another reward for the students.
              "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"

-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Comment

Originally posted by Shaggin Wagon View Post
                I'd fuck her in the ass.
                "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"

-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Comment

Originally posted by Shaggin Wagon View Post

Originally posted by FATHERFORD View Post
                  I'd fuck her in the ass.
                  So would I, fuck it, why not.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Comment

I thought this was a music thread?

Comment

Talk about Mother of Hi-Jacked Threads!!!
                      Originally posted by SEB
                      ,,, You are just faster then me.

DOS LOCOS RACING

JUSTTHEDRIVER is my HERO! .000 Reaction Time 11/12/06

Comment

Originally posted by Frank View Post
                        I thought this was a music thread?
                        Had this thread stayed completely on topic, it would NOT be a music thread.
                        Originally posted by davbrucas
                        I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

What a terrible travesty that we've veered off the topic of Rebecca Black. Someone report this to Don for lack of content.

Comment

Working...
                          X