Jani Lane dead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
    I am 29. I know Cherry Pie, I guess I just didn't know it was Warrant's song. I tend to dismiss most 80's music.
    Shame on you. 80's music rules.

Comment

I am 29. I know Cherry Pie, I guess I just didn't know it was Warrant's song. I tend to dismiss most 80's music.
      Technically "Cherry Pie" was 90's music

US Politics in three words - Divide and Conquer

Comment

Originally posted by Hobie View Post
        Technically "Cherry Pie" was 90's music

Hair band is 80's music.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
          Shame on you. 80's music rules.
          I didn't start college until I was 23 and I guess I'm one of those "old souls." I was raised on classic rock, my step-dad is big into music and was a stoner as a young man.

Anyways, it was funny to me whenever someone would talk about how 70's music sucked, but then talk about they liked classic rock like Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, The Eagles, Tom Petty, ZZ Top, Steve Miller Band etc without realizing those were all 70's bands.

Comment

Hair band is 80's music.
            Yeah, but my point was that it came out in late 90.

Comment

Yeah, but my point was that it came out in late 90.
              Sure, but it still had the 80's mentallity that I am happy Nirvana finally killed.

Comment

Sure, but it still had the 80's mentallity that I am happy Nirvana finally killed.
                This fall "Nevermind" will be TWENTY years old, fuck, that makes me feel OLD.

I appreciate music from many decades, even this one. I'm not sure how it happened, but I got into 80's rock as a kid.

My mom was pretty young, but she listened to terrible pop so that wasn't it. I had some cousins that were 10 years older than me, but weren't really into rock-metal either.

Either way, there is some great music from a few genres in the 80s.

Comment

This fall "Nevermind" will be TWENTY years old, fuck, that makes me feel OLD.

I appreciate music from many decades, even this one. I'm not sure how it happened, but I got into 80's rock as a kid.

My mom was pretty young, but she listened to terrible pop so that wasn't it. I had some cousins that were 10 years older than me, but weren't really into rock-metal either.

Either way, there is some great music from a few genres in the 80s.
                  There are very few artist or songs I like from the 80's. None of the music really makes much sense to me, but to each their own.

FYI Today is the 20th anniversary of Metallica's Black album.

Comment

FYI Today is the 20th anniversary of Metallica's Black album.
                    Never heard that album, Master of Puppets ROCKS your fucking face off! Anything after that sucks big fucking hairy balls!

Though I will give small props to And Justice for All, just because Bob Cock had nothing to do with it.
                    Originally posted by Silverback
                    Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

, but then talk about they liked classic rock like Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, The Eagles, Tom Petty, ZZ Top, Steve Miller Band etc without realizing those were all 70's bands.
                      The Eagles and Tom Petty were 70's bands for sure....but technically the others got their start in the 60's:wink1:
                      A lot of people call Van Halen an 80's band, but they had already had a couple of hits by the late 70's.
                      I get your point though...I love me some Pink Floyd and Eagles.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                        Never heard that album, Master of Puppets ROCKS your fucking face off! Anything after that sucks big fucking hairy balls!

Though I will give small props to And Justice for All, just because Bob Cock had nothing to do with it.
                        You've heard the Black Album whether you know it or not. It was probably the most successful album Metallica ever produced...and ironically was the last GOOD album they produced. And Justice for All is the one that launched the Metallica craze of the late 80's and really got them going.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post

Black was a decent album, though it was after most considered them a sell-out band. Most people do think as you do, that And Justice For All was the first sell-out album.

Comment

I have their first album. RIP

Comment

Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
                              You've heard the Black Album whether you know it or not. It was probably the most successful album Metallica ever produced...and ironically was the last GOOD album they produced. And Justice for All is the one that launched the Metallica craze of the late 80's and really got them going.
                              It was a good album for the masses who enjoyed generic 4/4 time mindless crap. It was that crap that was then acceptable for radio. Anyone who had been a fan since 1982 when Kill 'em All came out will agree. The creativity, originality and feeling went out the window once the Black album was produced, all thanks to Bob Rock who spit out bands just like the one mentioned in this thread. As for Warrant, the proper term is glam band or glam rock. Not hair band. Hair bands were any metal band that started in the 80's and 90's. Warrant was not metal. They were glam/bubblegum rock.

Comment

No love for Black Sabbath???

Comment

Working...
                                X