Thieves got me!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thieves got me!

Woke up this morning to find out someone had bought $160 worth of stuff at Target in Irving with my debit card, but I had my card on me so I can only assume they made some kind of dummy card.

I called the bank and cancelled the card but Im wondering if I should cancel the account and just start a new one. I have never had this happen so I dont know if just getting a new debit card with a new card number will be enough. Im wondering if they have enough info to make a fake card then they have my account number and stuff and can make fake checks too.

Luckily I just got back from vacation and only had $160 in that account. BoA said the money should be back in my account within 24 hours.

Just cancel the card and ask for a new one. Tell them to take the charges you didn't do off. Happens all the time. More than likely, they just got your CC information.

Comment

Maybe they paid online?

That happened to me about a year ago. I just got a new card and I haven't had any trouble since.

Comment

Have you bought anything online or where they had to write the card # down?

Edit: Wait...They used a card at Target? Sounds like someone got into your mail and found another bank card.
        Photobucket

Comment

Yep, cancel card and get a new one, with a new account # of course. I've never had any problems with BoA crediting my account on certain issues. Fucking thieves.

Comment

Nope it looks like they paid at target since it listed a store in Irving. Exactly $161 and left me $1.75 in the account so Im wondering how they knew how much money I had in there. Owell, the card is cancelled and Ill be going to BoA across the steet in a minute to get another one so hopefully everything is ok. Like I said, it could have been alot worse.

Comment

Maybe someone that works at BoA that skimmed the accounts and made a duplicate card....

Comment

That happend to me earlier this year...the got me for over 2k ...Got new card issued havent had a problem yet. But I now check my account on a daily basis.
                Originally posted by Da Prez
                Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
                Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Comment

Originally posted by Chopped54 View Post
                  Maybe someone that works at BoA that skimmed the accounts and made a duplicate card....
                  Had to be a duplicate card, BoA said it was a check card transaction and I had the card in my hand and it was still active this morning so no one activated another card or anything.

Originally posted by Juiced4v View Post
                  That happend to me earlier this year...the got me for over 2k ...Got new card issued havent had a problem yet. But I now check my account on a daily basis.
                  Yep I have my BoA acct set to email me when the balance drops below $25 and that is how I caught it. I usually look everyday anyway though.

Comment

Bastards!

Comment

Just getting your card info doesn't give them access to your account. Cancel the debit card and get a new one. The bank should refund any charges that weren't made by you.

Comment

This is actually a wide spread problem... A lot of the cases are believed to be related to gas pumps... Someone installs a device and bam all the numbers and pins are theirs... Also I know UFCU has their system breached and a lot of information was exposed...

Comment

Originally posted by silversleeper View Post
                          This is actually a wide spread problem... A lot of the cases are believed to be related to gas pumps... Someone installs a device and bam all the numbers and pins are theirs... Also I know UFCU has their system breached and a lot of information was exposed...
                          This. it was on the news last night that hundreds of people's debit/credit cards were skimmed at gas stations across Arlington. cops busted one of the guys and he was from another country, still looking for the other guy involved.

Comment

yeah I heard about the gas pumps scam, pretty crazy.

I just got back from the bank and it was pretty painless.

Comment

Happens to everyone at some point. They got my CC number about a year ago and made some purchases up north, luckily the bank noticed and called me. Dropped the charges got a new card in a day or two.

Comment

Working...
                              X