What do you make of this....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you make of this....

I've been car shopping for a while now for a certain model of car and being the picky person I tend to be....I have looked at a lot and called about a lot more. Interesting thing this time though....I've left quite a few messages where I never received calls back...I'm not the type to call more than once either, if you don't call me back....your loss not mine.

Anyways, I found what I was looking for last week and after going over it a second time last weekend put a deposit on it, and will be finishing the deal up tomorrow...so the chase is over (always the best part too ). However, early this morning my cell phone rings from a number I didn't recognize...I answer to some guy that starts off by apologizing for the delayed call back "b/c his wife forgot to give him the message for a few days and he's also been busy"...then he goes on to say that he was calling back about this certain car that I had left a message about and starts trying to go into some speel about the car...as he's talking I realize this is a car that I called about over 2 weeks ago. I politely interupted him and said, "I appreciate the call Joe, but I actually found a car last week and put a deposit on it this past weekend, so I'm no longer in the market".

The dude sits there silent for a few seconds and then immediately gets all pissy and says he's sorry then b/c I missed out on a hell of a car....if I'm not a serious buyer I shouldn't bother calling people and wasting their time!

...I kept my cool and just said...hey man, I left you a message on this car OVER 2 WEEKS AGO! What was I supposed to expect when I never heard anything back??? Then he says...."well I'm sorry I wasted YOUR time then"...and hung up.

WTF?? Maybe this dude was pissed at his wife for not giving him the message or something...or maybe he's gotten a lot of tire kickers, but this seems way out of line to me. Even if you somehow missed the msg for that long would you even bother calling someone back after 2-weeks?...I think I'd be too embarrassed....but to the next next level, why on earth would you get pissed b/c the guy found another car in the interim?

I just don't get some people. The world is full of flakes!
    70' Chevelle RagTop
    (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

i wouldn't be embarrassed to call someone back after 2 weeks, it's not his fault his wife forgot and Im sure he just wanted to see if you were still in the market

probably got the wife in trouble though

Comment

whats the phone number?
      first class white trash

Comment

Originally posted by forbes View Post
        whats the phone number?
        817-714-8528

Stevo
        Originally posted by SSMAN
        ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Originally posted by forbes View Post
          whats the phone number?
          This.

Fuck this arrogant mother fucker. Let us deal with him.

He had no reason to get all pissy when you told him you found another car. Did he think that you were waiting by the phone hoping he would call you back so you could give him your money?

Fuck that guy.
          G'Day Mate

Comment

He was more than likely taking it out on as you were the catalyst in his disappointment with his wife.

I'm also betting that the car would have been less than stellar, given this guy's attitude problem.

Comment

Interesting!

Comment

It's a rough market right now, lots of tire kickers and wannabe test pilots to deal with. But more than anything, he sounds like an unhappy guy and knows he messed up on a opportunity. It's a buyers market right now. You can get some smoking deals right now if you have cash in hand and if you are selling something be prepared to hold on to it awhile or be really flexible on the price.

Just everywhere you go these days, people seem miserable alot of times. Be it the weather driving people crazy, the economy etc. Just let it roll off of you and don't take it personally.

Comment

OK?

Comment

What a lack of respect...if only you looked like Sasquatch

Comment

What do you make of this?

I can make a hat, a broach, a pterydactyl!
                      Originally posted by Nash B.
                      Damn, man. Sorry to hear that. If it'll cheer you up, Geor swallows. And even if it doesn't cheer you up, it cheers him up.

Comment

Like too many situations out there, this guy was just too emotional about missing a sale and misdirected his anger / frustration.

I see it all too often at work, where a customer calls to complain about something when the issue stemmed from their own actions. Many people still fight and argue even once you have explained to them that their mistake caused the issue.

I had a situation like that last week. i was the third person to tell this guy the same thing and he just wasn't accepting it. I finally had to suggest he review the information I had just sent him, and call me back when he had calmed down and is ready to discuss possible resolutions. In that case the guy called me back about 30 minutes later and left me a message apologizing. He finally saw that the mistake was his and once he calmed down and looked at it with some objectivity he acknowledged his mistake.

Comment

Originally posted by wicked98snake View Post
                          what do you make of this?

I can make a hat, a broach, a pterydactyl!
                          Surely you can't be serious.
                          Men have become the tools of their tools.
                          -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Originally posted by MOSFET View Post
                            Surely you can't be serious.
                            I am and don't call me surely.
                            Originally posted by Nash B.
                            Damn, man. Sorry to hear that. If it'll cheer you up, Geor swallows. And even if it doesn't cheer you up, it cheers him up.

Comment

To be honest I laughed about it at the time....but the more I thought about it the more I thought it was just odd.

I suppose I can't blame him for calling me back, even after 2 weeks...if he still needs to sell the car, what could it hurt. But his approach seemed way off....I think I would have started the call by simply asking, "are you still in the market for a car?" This dude just dove immediatley into a fast paced ramble of execuses and directly into a sales pitch w/o letting me get a word in.

Anyways....no biggie here, I hope the dude didn't go kick his dog or beat his wife afterward. His car looked nice in the pics but wasn't one of my top color choices anyway.
                              70' Chevelle RagTop
                              (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

Working...
                              X