Online bank savings accounts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Online bank savings accounts

When I opened my Citi account it was due to their pretty decent savings rate at the time, now it's sitting around .50%.

I am thinking of moving that money to an interest bearing account and found Ally had a 1.09% and AMEX has 1.29%. Both of these are their saving's accounts.

I have a feeling that moving that money into one of those accounts "MIGHT" not be worth it, it could do like my Citi account and dip to .50% at anytime, while I understand this, what do you guy's recommend that would yield a decent rate with NO risk.

I'm not putting it into an IRA or what not right now.

Well... since you asked.

Physical silver. I'm still seeing it bullish long and somewhat short. I think we'll have another good buying opportunity before the year's end. It's a little more volitile than gold, but has been kicking all precious metals' asses for some time. I see no reason why it is going any way but up (with occasional small corrections along the way).

I know some of our "formally educated" members don't see eye to eye with my thoughts, but I can't argue with what it has done since I got heavy into it. That being said, do not act solely from this or any post on here. You need to research all this yourself.

Comment

I'll read into that some, see if I can grasp any of it.

Are you buying actual silver bars?

Comment

Originally posted by ozzeran View Post
        I'll read into that some, see if I can grasp any of it.

Are you buying actual silver bars?
        Some 10oz bars, some 1oz bars, some 1oz bullion coins, some 1/2oz bullion, some 1oz American Silver Eagles, Some pre-1964 US currency.

Comment

Invest in hookers and blow.
          Originally posted by talisman
          I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
          Originally posted by AdamLX
          If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
          Originally posted by Broncojohnny
          Because fuck you, that's why
          Originally posted by 80coupe
          nice dick, Idrivea4banger
          Originally posted by Rick Modena
          ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
          Originally posted by Jester
          Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
            Well... since you asked.

Physical silver. I'm still seeing it bullish long and somewhat short. I think we'll have another good buying opportunity before the year's end. It's a little more volitile than gold, but has been kicking all precious metals' asses for some time. I see no reason why it is going any way but up (with occasional small corrections along the way).

I know some of our "formally educated" members don't see eye to eye with my thoughts, but I can't argue with what it has done since I got heavy into it. That being said, do not act solely from this or any post on here. You need to research all this yourself.
            Fyi, anyone who had any licenses, certifications, registrations, etc, and gave this advice would have them immediately stripped and lose their business.

Ozzeran, you asked for alternatives that were "risk free" and not subject to investment risk. You also mentioned in another post that risk free is the key attribute of any alternative. You do not need to be putting funds of this nature in speculative alternatives like silver.
            Originally posted by davbrucas
            I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
              Fyi, anyone who had any licenses, certifications, registrations, etc, and gave this advice would have them immediately stripped and lose their business.

Ozzeran, you asked for alternatives that were "risk free" and not subject to investment risk. You also mentioned in another post that risk free is the key attribute of any alternative. You do not need to be putting funds of this nature in speculative alternatives like silver.
              Like I said...

Comment

What do you suggest Slow99?

I know MMA's are low too, should I just throw that money into another online savings account and see what happens?

Comment

Put it in a coffee can and bury it in the yard!

Comment

Originally posted by ozzeran View Post
                    What do you suggest Slow99?

I know MMA's are low too, should I just throw that money into another online savings account and see what happens?
                    I'm very limited to what I can advise on a public message board. I have a couple strategies I use to achieve "risk-free" returns, but unless you have a working knowledge of options, they probably are not suitable for you. Given the info you provided, I'd say money markets, CD's, even TIPS are suitable for your needs. Of course, the standard advice on contributing to 401ks, ROTHS, still applies, but it seems this isn't retirement money, and needed for savings.
                    Last edited by slow99; 11-28-2010, 06:44 PM.
                    Originally posted by davbrucas
                    I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

I have the Amex account with my one card I like it. I just left everbank after my 3 month bonus rate. It was 2.25% first 3 months not sure if they are still doing it
                      BARBIE LOVES BULLITT991 3.17.07
                      I'm a Barbie girl...In my Barbie world...
                      PROUD OWNER: '04 AZURE BLUE MACH 1

Comment

Originally posted by Barbie View Post
                        I have the Amex account with my one card I like it. I just left everbank after my 3 month bonus rate. It was 2.25% first 3 months not sure if they are still doing it
                        Thanks Barbie.

Slow99: Yeah well right now it's needed to be liquid then as I figure some shit out then I might put it into my existing IRA I have.

I think I may just dump it into AMEX unless I find a better deal and see how it goes. Can always remove it later.

Comment

I'll give you the same kind of deal the banks give you. Paay me whatever you can afford each month. I'll give you 5% interest on it. When you decide to cash it in, I will be nowhere to be found.

Comment

Working...
                          X