X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RE: Define Respect

re·spect   /rɪˈspɛkt/ Show Spelled[ri-spekt]

noun
    1. a particular, detail, or point (usually preceded by in ): to differ in some respect.
    2. relation or reference: inquiries with respect to a route.
    3. esteem for or a sense of the worth or excellence of a person, a personal quality or ability, or something considered as a manifestation of a personal quality or ability: I have great respect for her judgment.
    4. deference to a right, privilege, privileged position, or someone or something considered to have certain rights or privileges; proper acceptance or courtesy; acknowledgment: respect for a suspect's right to counsel; to show respect for the flag; respect for the elderly.
    5. the condition of being esteemed or honored: to be held in respect.
    6. respects, a formal expression or gesture of greeting, esteem, or friendship: Give my respects to your parents.
    7. favor or partiality.
    8. a consideration. (archaic)

verb (used with object)
    9. to hold in esteem or honor: I cannot respect a cheat.
    10. to show regard or consideration for: to respect someone's rights.
    11. to refrain from intruding upon or interfering with: to respect a person's privacy.
    12. to relate or have reference to.
    When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Lots of deep brosephry going on around here...

Comment

Fear and respect are mutually exclusive. I respect you Blake, but I promise it's not out of fear. I can sucker punch and run, lol.

My respect is because I see that you are a decent guy. You love your wife and daughter and go to work every day. You take care of shit. For that, you have earned my respect.

I fear Mike Tyson. He's an idiot and prone to unpredictable, dangerous behavior.

You can both likely kick my ass, but I only respect one of you and I only fear one of you.
        When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
          re·spect   /rɪˈspɛkt/ Show Spelled[ri-spekt]

noun
          1. a particular, detail, or point (usually preceded by in ): to differ in some respect.
          2. relation or reference: inquiries with respect to a route.
          3. esteem for or a sense of the worth or excellence of a person, a personal quality or ability, or something considered as a manifestation of a personal quality or ability: I have great respect for her judgment.
          4. deference to a right, privilege, privileged position, or someone or something considered to have certain rights or privileges; proper acceptance or courtesy; acknowledgment: respect for a suspect's right to counsel; to show respect for the flag; respect for the elderly.
          5. the condition of being esteemed or honored: to be held in respect.
          6. respects, a formal expression or gesture of greeting, esteem, or friendship: Give my respects to your parents.
          7. favor or partiality.
          8. a consideration. (archaic)

verb (used with object)
          9. to hold in esteem or honor: I cannot respect a cheat.
          10. to show regard or consideration for: to respect someone's rights.
          11. to refrain from intruding upon or interfering with: to respect a person's privacy.
          12. to relate or have reference to.
          Thanks, Miriam. Not Merriam!
          Originally posted by Broncojohnny
          HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Working...
          X