A bourbon any man would love

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
    There are a few Colorado bourbon outfits (ie. Stranahan's) that are supposedly pretty good also. I'm going to try to grab a bottle or two in a few weeks. Any word on an availability date for the Texans?
    I tried a very good Colorado Whiskey when I was up there a few years ago, but I forgot to write the name down. It was a lot more like a Scotch in my opinion. The Sam Houston whiskey I had a month or so ago reminded me a lot of the Colorado one. Very light, vanilla undertones.

From their site,
    Our first bourbon, the prerelease of Garrison Brothers Straight Texas Bourbon Whiskey, will be introduced on Texas Independence Day—March 2, 2010. We call it The Young Gun, because it is an aggressive renegade with a defiant nature. It is an unfiltered, 100-proof, one-year-old that will come in a 375 ml half-bottle with a suggested retail price of under $50 a bottle.

We’re happy to have two thousand bottles of the prerelease in our inventory, half of which will be made available to liquor stores in Blanco and Gillespie Counties.
    I'm going to make a round to the liquor stores in those counties when I'm in Austin to see what I can find.

I've been waiting on an update for the 2011 release.

Their other 2008 Vintage is scheduled for 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
      Road trip? Got at least a month to plan it and come up with funds. I don't know shit about bourbon, whiskey, or any other alcohol, other than it gets you drunk, but I'm always down for new things and road trips.
      Check out my trip here: http://euclidsbridge.wordpress.com/2...-mans-weekend/

We hit seven distilleries in 31 hours, and threw in one of the world's biggest machine gun shoots just for good measure

Let me know if you want more details or have any questions.

Comment

We hit seven distilleries in 31 hours, and threw in one of the world's biggest machine gun shoots just for good measure

Were you able to stop enjoy the scenery and take everything in, or was it a rush to do it in a weekend?

Comment

Originally posted by TENGRAM View Post
          Weller's and honey.
          Reminds me of my great grandmother's Hot Toddy cold remedy/drinks.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbo View Post
            Reminds me of my great grandmother's Hot Toddy cold remedy/drinks.
            this. just mix in a bit of lemon and that's what I've been using for years.
            QuestionableContent-Awesome Webcomic

Comment

Were you able to stop enjoy the scenery and take everything in, or was it a rush to do it in a weekend?
              There wasn't much downtime and our route had to be pretty well planned at the beginning to make it happen. It was definitely rushed buy that was part of the fun on that one

Comment

i love a good bourbon. hell i love a bad bourbon. dollar for dollar i like 1792. but you should try an unaged whiskey
                first class white trash

Comment

I've never had bourbon and honey...I want to try it now!

Comment

i'll have to give it a shot, i'm a fan of WL Weller special reserve.

knob creek is still my #1.
                    www.hppmotorsports.com
                    ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

Road trip? Got at least a month to plan it and come up with funds. I don't know shit about bourbon, whiskey, or any other alcohol, other than it gets you drunk, but I'm always down for new things and road trips.
                      I would like to do that trip in the fall so we can roll around in some Model A's as the trees are turning.

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
                      I'm going to make a round to the liquor stores in those counties when I'm in Austin to see what I can find.

I've been waiting on an update for the 2011 release.

Their other 2008 Vintage is scheduled for 2013.
                      Please keeps us posted on this.

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                      I've never had bourbon and honey...I want to try it now!
                      It is very good. I kept adding drops. It just kept getting better. However, I was pretty lit too.

Comment

Originally posted by Muffrazr View Post
                        I'm back on my phone now.

I got impatient waiting on Jenn to hit refresh so I started with two drops. It was interesting, so I did a few more. (I have a very strong fondness for honey.)

I believe I now have an affinity for honey with my bourbon.

I have always prepared mine neat with a glass of water to the side.
                        Excellent! Learned that one from my dad. Apparently it was pretty popular way back in the day. I think that it may catch on again now that JD makes that Tennessee Honey.

Weller used to also sell the distillery's spring water.

Comment

I have noticed a resurgence in a few older drinks.

Yale told me to try out a Manhattan and a Mint Julep. In doing so, I've heard several other people ordering Mint Juleps at one of my local bars.

Cheddar's (sorry food/good alcohol) has a perfect Manhattan. It is a damn fine drink.

Mint Juleps are an excellent summer drink.

Comment

Originally posted by forbes View Post
                            i love a good bourbon. hell i love a bad bourbon. dollar for dollar i like 1792. but you should try an unaged whiskey
                            I actually enjoyed the bottle of 1792 I tried a few weeks ago, as well

Comment

Originally posted by Muffrazr View Post
                              Please keeps us posted on this.
                              So I got on Garrison Brothers blog, and 1000 bottles of their 3 year aged were shipped a few months ago to a few liquor stores in that area. They've had a few signings at these stores, and other events.

I found a liquor store in Dripping Springs that was supposedly sent some of the 3 year aged bottles.

My mom is meeting me tomorrow at my new house in Austin, and she lives in Wimberly. I asked her to stop by that liquor store in Dripping Springs, and if they have it, to buy me 2-3 bottles. So we'll see

Comment

I've been wanting to do the bourbon trail for years, I think combining it with machine guns in October might be one of the best ideas ever.

Comment

Working...
                                X