No announcement yet.

A bourbon any man would love

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update: Mom just called, she picked up 3 bottles of the Garrison Brothers 3 year release for me. $75/bottle.

1 - for me to drink
    1 - to keep a while
    1 - to share with others that visit, like Brent, Marty, Yale, etc.

Comment

You might also try an Old Fashioned. It's a double shot of whiskey, one sugar cube, one small piece of orange rind. Pretty damned good.

I have a friend that has a whiskey distillery in central Texas. The name escapes me at the moment, but their product is nearly mature now. I'll do a search for it later.
      When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

I will be informing my local liquor store that they need to support these Texas distilleries.

I will also be picking up some oranges and sugar cubes.

Matt, can we get a review ASAP?

Comment

Well shit, that wasn't too hard to find.

San Antonio's award-winning brewstillery. Handcrafted beer and whiskey made with lots of love, attention, and Texas attitude.
          When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Originally posted by Muffrazr View Post
            Matt, can we get a review ASAP?
            I'll post one up tomorrow night after we get some stuff unpacked at the new place. I'll take some pics as well.

If it's worth a shit, I may have you guys send me some cash and I'll go buy a case of it to bring back with me next big GTG (Halloween?) and pass it out.

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
              Well shit, that wasn't too hard to find.

http://www.drinkrangercreek.com/
              Looks interesting, there's been a lot of talk of other "Texas Whiskey"s that are just buying their distilled spirits from another source, and then blending and mixing then aging it themselves, like the Canadians do. But this place looks on point, I may have to make a trip by there to see what they have going on next time I'm in SA. Bea's dad lives down there.
              Last edited by Silverback; 08-11-2011, 04:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X