A bourbon any man would love

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A bourbon any man would love

Men, I bring to you the offering of a bourbon that has everything we love.

Within this elixir you will find the notes of a true craftsman. While it doesn't quite hold a candle to George T. Stagg in the alcohol by volume department, I will say that the complexity is something I wouldn't expect from a Weller brand.

Men, I give you...

Originally posted by Muffrazr View Post
    I will say that the complexity is something I wouldn't expect from a Weller brand.
    Weller is made by Buffalo Trace... just sayin

I'll look for a bottle next time I'm out.

$$ ?
    Last edited by Strychnine; 08-10-2011, 10:43 PM.

Comment

Weller's and honey.

Comment

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
        Weller is made by Buffalo Trace... just sayin

I'll look for a bottle next time I'm out.

$$ ?
        <~~Robert

Interesting, I had no idea. Jenn got it for me today; she's such a sweetheart. The price point is $65.

Comment

Originally posted by TENGRAM View Post
          Weller's and honey.
          How much honey?

Comment

Originally posted by ComeAgainJen View Post
            How much honey?
            one or two drops.

Comment

Originally posted by TENGRAM View Post
              one or two drops.
              I'm back on my phone now.

I got impatient waiting on Jenn to hit refresh so I started with two drops. It was interesting, so I did a few more. (I have a very strong fondness for honey.)

I believe I now have an affinity for honey with my bourbon.

I have always prepared mine neat with a glass of water to the side.

Comment

I'm a whiskey and ginger ale guy.

Not that I don't mind a good bourbon on the rocks, it's just not my first choice

Comment

I'm back on my phone now.

I got impatient waiting on Jenn to hit refresh so I started with two drops. It was interesting, so I did a few more. (I have a very strong fondness for honey.)

Fucker, I've been hitting the wine, so I'm not as fast as usual.

Comment

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
                    I'm a whiskey and ginger ale guy.

Not that I don't mind a good bourbon on the rocks, it's just not my first choice
                    When we were in St. Thomas the bartender made me a Maker's Mark, with a splash of sprite, and a spritz of ginger ale. It was quite impressive.

I now have both of those on hand. After this glass I will throw a little ginger ale in the next.

Comment

Fucker, I've been hitting the wine, so I'm not as fast as usual.
                      Sweeeeet... ;-)

Here's another glass.

Comment

Interesting, I had no idea.

There are only 9 active distilleries in Kentucky. Every bourbon out there is from either Four Roses, Heaven Hill, Makers's Mark, Jim Beam, Wild Turkey, Woodford Reserve, Buffalo Trace... Or two others that I can't think of at the moment, but they make swill so it doesn't matter.

You need to do the Kentucky Bourbon Trail trip one day. I recommend October when the weather is amazing and the scenery is second to none

Comment

Still waiting on the first Texas Bourbon to be released this year. Garrison Brothers Distillery out of Hyde, TX. 2011 marks the fifth year of aging on their first batch.

Comment

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
                            Still waiting on the first Texas Bourbon to be released this year. Garrison Brothers Distillery out of Hyde, TX. 2011 marks the fifth year of aging on their first batch.
                            There are a few Colorado bourbon outfits (ie. Stranahan's) that are supposedly pretty good also. I'm going to try to grab a bottle or two in a few weeks. Any word on an availability date for the Texans?

Comment

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
                              There are only 9 active distilleries in Kentucky. Every bourbon out there is from either Four Roses, Heaven Hill, Makers's Mark, Jim Beam, Wild Turkey, Woodford Reserve, Buffalo Trace... Or two others that I can't think of at the moment, but they make swill so it doesn't matter.

You need to do the Kentucky Bourbon Trail trip one day. I recommend October when the weather is amazing and the scenery is second to none
                              Men, I bring to you the offering of a bourbon that has everything we love.

Within this elixir you will find the notes of a true craftsman. While it doesn't quite hold a candle to George T. Stagg in the alcohol by volume department, I will say that the complexity is something I wouldn't expect from a Weller brand.

Men, I give you...

Road trip? Got at least a month to plan it and come up with funds. I don't know shit about bourbon, whiskey, or any other alcohol, other than it gets you drunk, but I'm always down for new things and road trips.

Comment

Working...
                              X