Gas vs Oil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mustangguy289 View Post
    We are learning to make all oil-based things synthetic now.. when will we with gasoline?

Better yet, find a way to turn recycled oil into unleaded gasoline.
    I swear there was a product out for a very short while that advertised itself as an emergency gasoline substitute that you could keep inside your vehicle.

Comment

Originally posted by Mychael101 View Post
      I swear there was a product out for a very short while that advertised itself as an emergency gasoline substitute that you could keep inside your vehicle.

Comment

Originally posted by mustangguy289 View Post
        We are learning to make all oil-based things synthetic now.. when will we with gasoline?

Better yet, find a way to turn recycled oil into unleaded gasoline.
        never. a lot of the government officials are in the oil business. so why would they want to make something that would cost them more to manufacture and cause them to loose money? because they care about the people, the environment, no, all they give a shit about it making their stocks go up, which is the main problem with capitalism. if people had integrity and cared about the fellow man then it would work fine, but humans have huge ego's that need we need to feed.

which is the same reason my friends dad build a car that is driven by an electric motor, that is charged buy a generator (which he built), that is powered by a small diesel motor. it got 150 mpg when they drove it. they have already made changes and expect it to get over 200 mpg now. the generator itself was tested at cal poly as the most efficient generator in the world. the thing weighs about 80lbs (w/o motor) and is liquid cooled. they said it only takes 50 ftlbs to turn it and it makes enough power to run a hospital or neighborhood.

however there is a guy i watched on 60min who made the first synthetic life (bacteria) and he said eventually we can manufacture bacteria to use as fuel. the government actually financed him but then cut his funding because they didn't think he could do it. then he went and got private funding and now he has officially created life. it's something that supposedly only god can do, but we did it.

Last edited by jnobles06; 08-10-2011, 04:38 PM. Reason: add info

Comment

Your English teacher needs a beating!

Originally posted by jnobles06 View Post
          never. a lot of the government officials are in the oil business. so why would they want to make something that would cost them more to manufacture and cause them to loose money? because they care about the people, the environment, no, all they give a shit about it making their stocks go up, which is the main problem with capitalism. if people had integrity and cared about the fellow man then it would work fine, but humans have huge ego's that need we need to feed.

which is the same reason my friends dad build a car that is driven by an electric motor that is charged buy a generator he built that is powered by a small diesel motor. it was tested at cal poly as the most efficient generator in the world. the thing weighs about 80lbs (w/o motor) and is liquid cooled. they said it only takes 50 ftlbs to turn it and it makes enough power to run a hospital or neighborhood.

however there is a guy i watched on 60min who made the first synthetic life (bacteria) and he said eventually we can manufacture bacteria to use as fuel. the government actually financed him but then cut his funding because they didn't think he could do it. then he went and got private funding and now he's officially created life. it's something that supposedly only god can do, but we did it.

http://www.genomeweb.com/blog/tick-t...ter-60-minutes

Comment

Originally posted by STANGGT40 View Post
            it's an internet forum post, not a thesis. i was typing for speed, not punctuation or grammar.

Comment

Originally posted by STANGGT40 View Post
              I'd say reading his papers was enough of a beating.
              Originally posted by Broncojohnny
              HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

haha!! why don't yall read each others dusty dicks' with your mouths. then critique each others crotch sent.

Comment

haha!! why don't yall read each others dusty dicks' with your mouths. then critique each others crotch sent.
                  D-a

Comment

That hurt. Not my feelings, but my head, from trying to figure out what those words meant.
                    Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                    HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
                      D-a
                      thats probably the grade they would give each other

Originally posted by That_Is_My_El_Camino View Post
                      That hurt. Not my feelings, but my head, from trying to figure out what those words meant.
                      i know, its ok.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post

Comment

Sent?

Comment

Working...
                          X