No announcement yet.

Any bankruptcy attorneys on the board?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any bankruptcy attorneys on the board?

I have a specific question regarding CH13 protection in regards to recent secured debt. Need to confirm something for work.
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
    I have a specific question regarding CH13 protection in regards to recent secured debt. Need to confirm something for work.
    What is your question CJ?

Comment

Originally posted by stangin4lyfe View Post
      What is your question CJ?
      I do not recall the recent BK changes in regards to the minimum allotted time for new secured debt. I know recent secured debt cannot be included in a CH13 BK, but I need to know what the time frame is, 90 days before a BK, 180 days..? And if I'm required to file a lift of stay in that time period to acquire my collateral.
      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Sounds like someone was seeking a strategic BK.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
          Sounds like someone was seeking a strategic BK.
          I have to deal with it all the time. But thank goodness for the new stronger BK laws GW presided over, saves us millions annually on bullshit from people wanting something for nothing.

Comment

Working...
          X