Police vs. cameras

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
    My June trip was a little busy with the funeral and giving attention to that magical power she has. .
    I know, just pulling your chain...

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
    Sept I have twice as much time on my hands. No real plans other than getting my patio built, working on the Cobra and trigger time.
    Sounds like fun. I would like to try to come up and help you on the Cobra.

Comment

Really good write up! Thanks for posting.

Comment

WTF kind of first post is that? Bringing back an old thread?

Comment

We have DVRs that automatically upload. All officers also wear body cams to capture all citizen contacts.

Comment

Somebody didn't read the post dates!

Comment

Originally posted by cobra#2885 View Post
              Had he not been video recording from his balcony, that night in 1991 might have been business as usual for L.A. police who struck King, a harmless drunk
              Really? A harmless drunk driver?
              On March 3, 1991, Los Angeles police officers severely beat and then arrested Glen "Rodney" King after pulling him over for a traffic violation in a residential area of Los Angeles. King, an African American man, was intoxicated at the time and had disobeyed police orders when ordered to stay on the ground. Even after receiving two shocks with a taser, King continued to stand up, which led police to beat him with batons for nearly two minutes. An amateur cameraman caught the beating on tape and sent it to CNN. News stations across the United States played the video repeatedly.

Police involved in the apprehension of Rodney King argue that they sought to incapacitate King without the danger of using firearms. During the incident, King repeatedly attempted to stand up, rather than submitting to the police officers. Officers who testified in court argued that they believed King was under the unfluence of pain-numbing and strength enhancing drugs such as PCP, and that they feared he would overtake them.

Comment

Can we all get along?

Comment

Right about now, N.W.A. court is in full effect
                  Judge Dre presiding
                  In the case of N.W.A. vs. the Police Department;
                  prosecuting attourneys are: MC Ren, Ice Cube,
                  and Eazy-motherfuckin-E

Order, order, order
                  Ice Cube, take the motherfuckin stand
                  Do you swear to tell the truth, the whole truth
                  and nothin but the truth so help your black ass?

You god damn right!

Well won't you tell everybody what the fuck you gotta say?

Comment

Originally posted by clevelandkid
                    I couldn't read anymore after this.

I guess the author forgot all about the wife beating, or the armed robbery and assault with a deadly weapon that this "harmless drunk" committed.
                    As well as being involved in a high speed chase through city streets just prior to his beat down.

Comment

And he continued to be a harmless drunk after the riots too.
                      Originally posted by wiki
                      In 1993, King entered an alcohol rehabilitation program and was placed on probation after crashing his vehicle into a block wall in downtown Los Angeles. In July 1995, he was arrested by Alhambra police, who alleged that he hit his wife with his car, knocking her to the ground. He was sentenced to 90 days in jail after being convicted of hit and run.[29] On August 27, 2003, King was arrested again for speeding and running a red light while under the influence of alcohol. He failed to yield to police officers and slammed his vehicle into a house, breaking his pelvis

Comment

I'm going to just start leaving the go pro mounted to the car. Wonder if that's against the law ?
                        Vortex rear stand $75
                        8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**
                        My goal in life is to not arrive at the grave in a well preserved body.
                        but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy shit!!!.. what a ride!"

1990 Foxbody GT for that ass
                        11 4 door
                        13 FX2 White 5.0

Comment

Originally posted by Txstang1 View Post
                          I'm going to just start leaving the go pro mounted to the car. Wonder if that's against the law ?
                          On public property you are fine. Depending on the state any recording device may need to be shut off when there is po-lice interaction.

Comment

Originally posted by EW View Post
                            Really? A harmless drunk driver?
                            On March 3, 1991, Los Angeles police officers severely beat and then arrested Glen "Rodney" King after pulling him over for a traffic violation in a residential area of Los Angeles. King, an African American man, was intoxicated at the time and had disobeyed police orders when ordered to stay on the ground. Even after receiving two shocks with a taser, King continued to stand up, which led police to beat him with batons for nearly two minutes. An amateur cameraman caught the beating on tape and sent it to CNN. News stations across the United States played the video repeatedly.

Police involved in the apprehension of Rodney King argue that they sought to incapacitate King without the danger of using firearms. During the incident, King repeatedly attempted to stand up, rather than submitting to the police officers. Officers who testified in court argued that they believed King was under the unfluence of pain-numbing and strength enhancing drugs such as PCP, and that they feared he would overtake them.
                            If any of you guys have ever had dealings with a guy on PCP you would understand this. It usually takes three to four guys to hold one down and cuff him. PCP is some bad shit. I posted somewhere else where we put a guy in jail for his warrants that was acting a little odd went bat shit crazy 8-10 hours later we had to do a cell extraction on him and take him to Parkland. He had busted out the cell windows and you could see all the way thru both of his elbows. He struggled all the way to Parkland where they gave him some magic blend.

My only other thought on cameras is this. If you are just standing at a reasonable distance and video taping then no body should ever pay any mind to you. On the other hand if you run up right behind officers and start yelling that you are filming and jumping around like an idiot then you might have a problem. I will never have a problem with someone filming but I do have an issue with my safety and someone acting like a dumbass.
                            Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
                              If any of you guys have ever had dealings with a guy on PCP you would understand this. It usually takes three to four guys to hold one down and cuff him. PCP is some bad shit. I posted somewhere else where we put a guy in jail for his warrants that was acting a little odd went bat shit crazy 8-10 hours later we had to do a cell extraction on him and take him to Parkland. He had busted out the cell windows and you could see all the way thru both of his elbows. He struggled all the way to Parkland where they gave him some magic blend.
                              PCP is a hell of a drug

Comment

Originally posted by 71chevellejohn View Post
                                PCP is a hell of a drug

I remember seeing that on cops before. They wasted to much time with that guy.

Comment

Working...
                                X