No announcement yet.

A Craigslist "Not Sure" Dilemma...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

have him send it to your neighbors house, then ask them if they got any mail from you
    first class white trash

Comment

You idiot.

Comment

Just tell them you take cash only.you will never hear from him again.

Comment

Originally posted by Capngizmo View Post
          Just tell them you take cash only.you will never hear from him again.
          i told him to give me HIS number so we can discuss it. haven't heard back. lol...

Comment

Sounds legit...send him your social just to make sure he gets you the check.

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
              I've highlighted everything that tells you it's a scam. Just use your head - does someone currently involved in a family emergency ask to pay $20 over asking price on a set of poker chips? come on...
              All o that plus the last sentence. That seems to be in all their replies.
              Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
              Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

I usually assume ANY reply that I get on my ads, that the buyer ends with the word "Regards"
                is a scam. I mean really, look at how they always seem the end with that word

Comment

This is so weird but I was selling something and this guy replied with the SAME EXACT paragraph. I continued on to give him my po box and as soon as i asked for his number he replied with i gave my assistant the money to give you,no number. I got kinda sketched out but i wanted to see where this was going so the next day he said his assistant accidentally sent the wrong check and needed me to to transfer the left over money into a western union account. I replied that i didnt know how to do that since i was 16 and i was supper sketched out so i told him i sold it and i was sorry.
                  I googled his name and this came up..def a scamm

Comment

Originally posted by The Geofster View Post
                    Just make sure it's a USPS money order.
                    I would avoid usps money orders they are faked more than any other out there

Comment

Originally posted by SMKR View Post
                      I would avoid usps money orders they are faked more than any other out there
                      yup.

this is obvious. he is going to send you a fake MO which is why he needs your name and address. he is giving you $20 extra... it's fake, he could give you $200 extra, what difference does it make.

you will try to deposit or cash it, probably at your bank. they will give you the money but 5 or so days later it will bounce and get deducted from your account leaving you with no poker chips and no money plus a return check fee and possibly shipping fees.
                      www.hppmotorsports.com
                      ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

It's real simple. Mandate a phone number in the Craigs list ad along with local, face to face, sales only. Then just bring a gun to a local, gun friendly, location. I've had MANY CL deals and all of them F2F and never a problem. ANYONE asking for full name, address, etc, is scamming you.
                        Just my 2ยข
                        Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
                        There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

Cash is king. Offer to meet at the local PD if there is a large sum involved, anyone on the up and up won't have a problem, as it protects them as well.

I'm looking to sell my bike, and you better believe that there will be cash in hand before anyone I don't know rides it.

Comment

I was thinking this was an "Idiocracy" post.

Stevo
                            Originally posted by SSMAN
                            ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Originally posted by gbabai View Post
                              This is so weird but I was selling something and this guy replied with the SAME EXACT paragraph. I continued on to give him my po box and as soon as i asked for his number he replied with i gave my assistant the money to give you,no number. I got kinda sketched out but i wanted to see where this was going so the next day he said his assistant accidentally sent the wrong check and needed me to to transfer the left over money into a western union account. I replied that i didnt know how to do that since i was 16 and i was supper sketched out so i told him i sold it and i was sorry.
                              I googled his name and this came up..def a scamm

Just a different spin on the old scam. Send you a check for more than the amount and instruct you to cash it and send the difference back or keep it for your troubles. The house of cards falls when the bank catches up and find the check is fake, but you have since handed over money.

Comment

Sounds like a scam right off the bat.
                                First hand witness at the failure of public healthcare.

Comment

Working...
                                X