Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone used door hangers to advertise their business?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone used door hangers to advertise their business?

Im thinking about having some nice 3.5 X 8.5 glossy door hangers printed and distributed but Im wondering what the return is on them. From what Iv read its 1.5% average.
    Anyone used that type of advertising? What were the results?
    Last edited by stephen4785; 08-08-2011, 06:13 PM.

Putting shit on my door is a good way to make sure I never use your business.

Comment

if it aint a pizza coupon, it gets trashed.

mmm pizza, gonna go check the door for dinner now.
      www.hppmotorsports.com
      ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

Originally posted by momostallion View Post
        if it aint a pizza coupon, it gets trashed.

mmm pizza, gonna go check the door for dinner now.
        FATTY!!!! jk.

Comment

They don't do what they use to for some reason. We use to get great responses from door hangers, but over the past 4/5 years they have brought very little calls if any at all.

I hate to say it, but 90+ % of all our jobs comes from referrals or they are repeat customers. Cant imagine what it would take to start a new business.
          Photobucket

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
            Putting shit on my door is a good way to make sure I never use your business.
            This!

That no soliciting sign by the door means don't be putting shit on my door. Unfortunately, most of the people who pass those things out can't read, in any language.
            "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Best advertising I have found is to go to one of the Star telegram warehouse zones that the papers are delivered from. Talk to a few carriers and pay them to put your fliers in the paper with their normal deliveries. You can target whatever side of town by what zone office you go to.

Comment

x3 please dont hang stuff on my door

Comment

Originally posted by SMKR View Post
                  x3 please dont hang stuff on my door
                  x4, And I don't even look at the shit. Instant journey to the shredder or recycling bin.

Comment

“When someone hands you a flyer, it's like they're saying here you throw this away.”
                    Mitch Hedberg

I feel the same way about papers under my windshield and on my front door. To me it says 'we can't afford real advertising so we hired some winos to pass these out'.

Comment

Originally posted by aCid View Post
                      x4, And I don't even look at the shit. Instant journey to the shredder or recycling bin.
                      I save em and hand em to the next guy that walks buy to hang something in my door, I give him 10 before he gets to my door

Comment

I was in need of a service and a guy just so happened to have one put on my front door, offering free estimates. I called, he came and gave me a (higher than others) proposal for the work. He was punctual and has earned my business.

I asked him how many others called after having those door hangers put in our neighborhood (only about 50 houses), he said I was his 3rd estimate that day and second to hire him.

I'd say they work...

(this was for fence staining/sealing)

Comment

everything that gets hung on the door gets tossed in the trash. i would look at other means of advertisement.

Comment

All these red blooded republicans and you can't support small business?

I passed out door hangers to get my business rolling with some mixed results. I found the extremely affluent and the bottom rung neighborhoods disregarded them the most but middle America took to them fine. I would get 2-3 customers on an average day and then I could leverage them for referrals.
                            An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea whose time has come.

-Victor Hugo

Comment

If it is a professionally printed, nice quality flyer, I notice that I will at least look at it before it goes into the recycle bin. Most of the crap I get on my door looks like it came of some POS copier, and it doesn't even get looked at.

That said I have never used any company based on that kind of advertising.

Comment

Working...
                              X