Crayons go up one drawer higher
    Rewind Barney for the fifteenth time
    Breakfast six, naps at nine
    There's bubble gum in the baby's hair
    Sweet potatoes in my lazy chair
    Been crazy all day long and it's only Monday, Mr. Mom

Comment

Originally posted by BlackSnake View Post
      Oh, and Steve...Quite dreaming and do it. I know several guys that started with nothing and became pretty big. Open shop and they will come. All you need is enough to make rent and a few supplies. The rest will come in the 2nd year.

BRB...Dryer bell went off.
      I'm not going to be some hack and just open a school without my full creditentials. I'm working hard everyday to improve and learn BJJ, as well getting my hours in coaching. I've been going all over the place helping other Gracie students prepare for their white belt/blue belt exams and preparing for competitions. My name is on the Gracie Academy website and verified by them and will continue to do so the whole way until I recieve my black belt. I LOVE it.

I'll open my own school, but not until I'm qualified to do so. Until then I will continue to train and coach under my instructor.

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
      I fa do all that stuff with no problems as well. But when you are into the middle of something and you have to stop everything to help the wife, you lose your momentum.

It's not only the wife, but stopping every 10 seconds with the little one too. Mine is almost three and she's going a mile a minute like the energizer bunny and usually right behind me undoing whatever I just did! lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
        I'm not going to be some hack and just open a school without my full creditentials. I'm working hard everyday to improve and learn BJJ, as well getting my hours in coaching. I've been going all over the place helping other Gracie students prepare for their white belt/blue belt exams and preparing for competitions. My name is on the Gracie Academy website and verified by them and will continue to do so the whole way until I recieve my black belt. I LOVE it.

I'll open my own school, but not until I'm qualified to do so. Until then I will continue to train and coach under my instructor. .
        Oh. I guess I just assumed.

Good luck!
        Photobucket

Comment

Oh. I guess I just assumed.

Good luck!
          No problem, most people don't know how hard it is to get ranked up in BJJ. In the classical systems of karate/tae kwon do etc it's easy to rank up. Hell, it usually only takes 2 years to get a black belt these days in all of these commercial martial arts schools.

In MOST (not all) BJJ places, most people struggle to get their blue belt in under two years. It's very time consuming and alot of hard work. In BJJ, you have to show you can really fight in all out sparring, you don't have to do that in the classical schools. Learn a few katas, score a few points in a padded match and BAM you're a black belt. lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
            No problem, most people don't know how hard it is to get ranked up in BJJ. In the classical systems of karate/tae kwon do etc it's easy to rank up. Hell, it usually only takes 2 years to get a black belt these days in all of these commercial martial arts schools.

In MOST (not all) BJJ places, most people struggle to get their blue belt in under two years. It's very time consuming and alot of hard work. In BJJ, you have to show you can really fight in all out sparring, you don't have to do that in the classical schools. Learn a few katas, score a few points in a padded match and BAM you're a black belt. lol.
            My assumption was more JKD with some ground game. What are you going for in a school?
            Photobucket

Comment

My assumption was more JKD with some ground game. What are you going for in a school?
              It will be Gracie BJJ. I will only teach my stand up stuff to friends and people I know who will hard at it. It takes too much time for me to invest into someone who wants to treat it like a trip to 24 Hour Fitness. Most people want to fly right into spinning hook kicks and flying armbars rather than learning the basics of balance, base and timing. Without those core principles, you have nothing, I don't care how strong or fast you are, if you can't apply those attributes in a functional manner, they are pointless to have.

Comment

I learned along time ago not to believe or state a woman doesn't work when she stays home with a young one.

Comment

Originally posted by 94form2000z View Post
                  I learned along time ago not to believe or state a woman doesn't work when she stays home with a young one.
                  Yeah, cause you know they work their ass off...
                  Photobucket

Comment

Say what you want but after I had 3 months with an almost 3 yr old and a 3 month old I would rather be roofing in the weather we are having now. I loved my kids but that shit drove me crazy.

It could have a lot to do with the fact I can't stand to stay at home that much and was ready to go back to work.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                      Between helping my wife with just about everything, and trying to stop my son from turning our house upside down, I was exhausted.

I felt bad that I was happy to take him to daycare today, but I needed things to slow down.

This weekend basically consisted of making food, changing diaper, changing ice packs, helping wife get comfortable, stopping son from breaking something.....repeat. my wife has to feel just as bad with waking up every hour and a half to pee at night. That is the hardest part, losing sleep.

Hell, it is less stressful being at work!
                      Welcome to the life of a woman.
                      Token Split Tail

Originally posted by slow99
                      Lmao...my favorite female poster strikes again.
                      Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz
                      You are a moron .... you were fucking with the most powerful vagina on DFW(MU)stangs.

Comment

The wives of all the guys I know stay home, have a maid, and a nanny. Sounds rough!!
                        Originally posted by davbrucas
                        I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
                          The wives of all the guys I know stay home, have a maid, and a nanny. Sounds rough!!
                          Now I would sign up for THAT!
                          Token Split Tail

Originally posted by slow99
                          Lmao...my favorite female poster strikes again.
                          Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz
                          You are a moron .... you were fucking with the most powerful vagina on DFW(MU)stangs.

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
                            Originally posted by Leah View Post
                            Now I would sign up for THAT!
                            I'm showing this to my wife..

Comment

My boss has said, "I really don't know what my wife does," numerous times. She is 40 and smoking hot though...I guess that's what she does.
                              Originally posted by davbrucas
                              I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Don't listen to all these guys crying, it does get easier mainly cause you got no choice. It's a mind set of just doing it without thinking of options for help. Soon your body will follow suit and you won't know what it's like to not be as busy.

Comment

Working...
                                X