being mr. mom sucks!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• being mr. mom sucks!!!

My wife just had acl replacement surgery and is going to be down and out for a while. She had surgery on friday morning and by last night I found myself excited to get our 19 month old to bed.

Between helping my wife with just about everything, and trying to stop my son from turning our house upside down, I was exhausted.

I felt bad that I was happy to take him to daycare today, but I needed things to slow down.

This weekend basically consisted of making food, changing diaper, changing ice packs, helping wife get comfortable, stopping son from breaking something.....repeat. my wife has to feel just as bad with waking up every hour and a half to pee at night. That is the hardest part, losing sleep.

Hell, it is less stressful being at work!

lol everyone of your threads you start references your wife and her surgery.

hope she gets better.

Comment

Haha...so you're not looking for a job as a nanny any time soon are you??

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
        My wife just had acl replacement surgery and is going to be down and out for a while. She had surgery on friday morning and by last night I found myself excited to get our 19 year old to bed
        if female send pics. i may be able to assist in getting the 19 YEAR old to bed.

god bless.
        It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Kind of creepy that you put your 19 yr old to bed when the wife wasn't looking.... and he still wears a diaper?
          www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

Originally posted by 78X View Post
            lol everyone of your threads you start references your wife and her surgery.

hope she gets better.
            really, I didnt realize that.

It has taken over our life lol.
            Originally posted by downshift_me View Post
            Haha...so you're not looking for a job as a nanny any time soon are you??
            Hellllll no

Comment

Your 19 yr old is still in diapers?

Comment

Originally posted by mustangguy289 View Post
                Kind of creepy that you put your 19 yr old to bed when the wife wasn't looking.... and he still wears a diaper?
                I guess my chops are busted.

Typo corrected.

Comment

LMAO. It doesn't get any easier the older they get. Just wait until your 19mo can get around much faster, get into things you never thought he/she could.

I busted my ass for many years working in the vending business moving heavy machines, merchandise in all kinds of weather, 16 hour days for 6 days a week. I never missed a single day of work in 11 years -

And being a stay home parent is MUCH more work!

Which is why I always laugh at these guys who give me shit for not working a conventional 9-5 job rather than all the side stuff I do working towards a dream having my own school some day.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                    LMAO. It doesn't get any easier the older they get. Just wait until your 19mo can get around much faster, get into things you never thought he/she could.

I busted my ass for many years working in the vending business moving heavy machines, merchandise in all kinds of weather, 16 hour days for 6 days a week. I never missed a single day of work in 11 years -

And being a stay home parent is MUCH more work!

Which is why I always laugh at these guys who give me shit for not working a conventional 9-5 job rather than all the side stuff I do working towards a dream having my own school some day.
                    One of the reasons I love this place, as soon as I saw this thread title, I thought of you.

Comment

House work aint that big a deal. We work 8/12 hours in this 100 + degree weather, then I come home and do all the house work...laundry, cooking, cleaning ect with yard work and still have time to build my deer blinds and catch a movie with the wife while she is laid up.

And I'm almost 50 years old...Sheez...kids these days.
                      Photobucket

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
                        One of the reasons I love this place, as soon as I saw this thread title, I thought of you.

I get to raise my own kid, flip cars for cash, coach BJJ for cars and play with my toys. It's a rough life, but someone has to do it.

Comment

Oh, and Steve...Quite dreaming and do it. I know several guys that started with nothing and became pretty big. Open shop and they will come. All you need is enough to make rent and a few supplies. The rest will come in the 2nd year.

BRB...Dryer bell went off.
                          Photobucket

Comment

Originally posted by BlackSnake View Post
                            House work aint that big a deal. We work 8/12 hours in this 100 + degree weather, then I come home and do all the house work...laundry, cooking, cleaning ect with yard work and still have time to build my deer blinds and catch a movie with the wife while she is laid up.

And I'm almost 50 years old...Sheez...kids these days.
                            I do all that stuff with no problems as well. But when you are in the middle of something and you have to stop everything to help the wife, you lose your momentum.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                              I fa do all that stuff with no problems as well. But when you are into the middle of something and you have to stop everything to help the wife, you lose your momentum.
                              Now this is true. I'm presently doing laundry and cooking supper and the wife just asked me..."could you peal me a apple"?
                              Photobucket

Comment

Working...
                              X