No announcement yet.

Rent a Center / Aarons ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've got a washer and drying I'm selling now also, if he wants them.

They work great, I just have another set already in Austin that's newer waiting on me.

$200 bucks and you guys come get them one afternoon. In las colinas

Comment

It's like this and like that and like this and UH...

Comment

Originally posted by 00bolt View Post
        Im trying to help my little brother out. Looks like he is about to be starting completely over in an apartment with basically nothing. Was going to help him and buy some stuff on CL, but thought about these rent a center places.

from my understanding, credit is not an issue and you just need a job? But how are the monthly payments? If he has to get a couch, chair, kitchen table/chairs, bed, dresser, etc... how much is that going to cost a month? Which place like this is the best to deal with?
        Don't rent to own. Plain and simple. They will eat his lunch with the weekly, semi-monthly, monthly payments.
        Originally posted by Vertnut
        I'd run my junk through a waffle iron, if it makes you more "comfortable". LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by stevo View Post
          Did you kick his ass for giving out your info?

Stevo
          I killed him, lol.

Comment

As I tell our customers, if he has cash then go pay cash. He will pay 2.5xs doing rto. It is only a "good deal" for people who will either never have the cash to buy straight up or lack the disciplin to save for it. The cheap weekly rates can be a plus but he should understand that being late at all is a big deal to any one of these stores. Most companies will expect you to return it if he is more than a few days late and then have it redelivered once he can make a payment.

Comment

What about those who lack the disciplin to get an education?

Comment

Originally posted by The King View Post
                Leave me out of this!

Comment

I did it like
                  Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
                  This.
                  I did it like
                  Originally posted by idrivea4banger View Post
                  That.
                  I did it with a wiffle ball bat.
                  G'Day Mate

Comment

Originally posted by The King View Post
                    They end up managing a Rent-A-Center or Aarons!

Comment

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
                      I've got a washer and drying I'm selling now also, if he wants them.

They work great, I just have another set already in Austin that's newer waiting on me.

$200 bucks and you guys come get them one afternoon. In las colinas
                      Are they full size or smaller apt. size?
                      G'Day Mate

Comment

Originally posted by Grimpala View Post
                        Are they full size or smaller apt. size?
                        Full-size, Maytag, electrics

Comment

All you really need is a bed. If your problem is that you can't afford a nice couch to sit on and tv to watch in your free time - you should be using that free time to work a second (or third) job instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
                            Full-size, Maytag, electrics
                            How old, have they given you any problems? The wife's cousin is looking for a set, just got out of the Marines and is setting up shop in OK.
                            G'Day Mate

Comment

Originally posted by Grimpala View Post
                              How old, have they given you any problems? The wife's cousin is looking for a set, just got out of the Marines and is setting up shop in OK.
                              I've had them two years, and got them from my mom out of one of her rent houses when she supplied them to a tenant. I'd say they are in the 5-6 year old range.

No issues really at all. I think one of the feet underneath the washer needs adjusting as it shakes a little, but since I was moving I really didn't mess with it. It has those auto-leveling type of feet, as well as the screw adjustments.

Looks like these, maybe the model before them, but same general selections:

Comment

I was really discriminate when shopping for furniture on CL, there was a ton of stuff on there that should have been on the curb.

That being said about 10 days after I started looking I found 2 couches that were 1900 a year ago for 400. Just don't jump into it if it's not right. An under furnished apartment isn't the end of the world.
                                An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea whose time has come.

-Victor Hugo

Comment

Working...
                                X