Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EBay dispute question

Long story short-

Seller advertises iPad as new I buy it it ain't new at all- 5 mos old.
    I open dispute get full refund from eBay.

Now seller says ship I back, priority shipping insured for $800. I said cure when u email me the prepaid shipping label. H said eBay rules say it's my responsibility but I can't find that rule. Also I wouldn't be incurring this expense had he been truthul in his auction.

So would you ship it back or hold onto it until payment for shipping arrives? I just don't want eBay and paypal to take that refund back that I'm owed.

Originally posted by Alex View Post
    Long story short-

Seller advertises iPad as new I buy it it ain't new at all- 5 mos old.
    I open dispute get full refund from eBay.

Now seller says ship I back, priority shipping insured for $800. I said cure when u email me the prepaid shipping label. H said eBay rules say it's my responsibility but I can't find that rule. Also I wouldn't be incurring this expense had he been truthul in his auction.

So would you ship it back or hold onto it until payment for shipping arrives? I just don't want eBay and paypal to take that refund back that I'm owed.
    You are supposed to send it back on your own dime. He doesn't get to specify HOW you ship it, just so long as it has a tracking number. I wouldn't insure it though.

Comment

Certified on your dime (to cover yorself) and insured only if he pays the extra fee.

Comment

As long as you send anything with back with tracking paypal doesn't give a fuck. However, if you send back a brick and I ever meet you, I promise to kick you in the nuts as hard as I can.

The last time it happened to me I went as far as making a police report, ic3 report (division of FBI dealing with cyber-crime) and paypal told me to still get fucked because "the police report wasn't thorough enough."

<---thousands of ebay sales, hundreds of purchases.
        US Politics in three words - Divide and Conquer

Comment

link to auction?

Comment

brick him

Comment

LoL at you advising this guy to be dishonest as payback for being dishonest. Tells me you are character-less.

Comment

Originally posted by davbrucas View Post
                LoL at you advising this guy to be dishonest as payback for being dishonest. Tells me you are character-less.
                Go fondle balls doc since you are sarcasm-less

Comment

Originally posted by 78X View Post
                  Haha

Comment

You're an idiot.

/sarcasm
                    Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
                    Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

Now that someone has called you on it it is sarcasm? Okay.

Youre an opportunity away from being a thief.

Comment

Originally posted by davbrucas View Post
                        I'm with the fatty-hating doc on this.

Stevo
                        Originally posted by SSMAN
                        ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

The simplest thing to do is pay attention to what paypal tells you to do. Screw dicking around with the electronic BS, call them directly. 1(888) 221-1161

You'll have to go through a couple automated menus, but get an agent on the phone, press "0" a lot, that usually does it, lol. Their hold times are normal now so don't worry. In 2005 I started writing down my hold times, the record, set in 2007, was 1hr47min. Thankfully those days are over.

Make absolutely sure you get a service with a tracking number and don't lose that number. As long as you have that paypal will find in your favor.

Is the seller a "top-rated seller" ? The average buyer doesn't know it, but that's pretty tough to maintain. It's based on a few things, most importantly the 5-star rating bull shit. A few bad ratings per year (literally 3) can cause someone with 100% positive feedback and thousands of transactions to lose their status as a top-rated seller which effects how that seller's items come up in search results and how much they pay in fees.

A top rated seller would be foolish not to work with you. If they force you to pay $10 to ship it back without reimbursing you causing you to in turn leave low ratings it could possibly wind up costing them hundreds if not thousands of dollars.

Comment

Ebay/paypal complaint number...

817-714-8528 ask for mom.

Stevo
                            Originally posted by SSMAN
                            ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Isnt this Alex guy the same guy that "found" a watch then was trying to sell it instead of finding its owner?

Maybe the karma train was trying to come through? Woo Woo...

Comment

Working...
                              X