Polaris Ranger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Polaris Ranger

Thinking about buying one. Anyone familier with the price range on these and whats required down and monthly payments?

Thanks,
    Wayne
    Photobucket

With the way everything is going these days...Start looking for a good used one as they are everywhere right now...You can find them already loaded for half of what you will buy new....

Comment

Good place for searching/pricing

Natural law. Sons are put on this earth to trouble their fathers.

Comment

Not to criticize or sound like a dick, but this seems like one of those things where if you can't pay cash for it, you don't need it.

Go used and save your pennies for little while.
        Originally posted by lincolnboy
        After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
          Not to criticize or sound like a dick, but this seems like one of those things where if you can't pay cash for it, you don't need it.

Go used and save your pennies for little while.
          Well, I think they run 11k plus, and with that kind of money I wanted to see what a payment option would look like.
          Photobucket

Comment

Originally posted by BlackSnake View Post
            Well, I think they run 11k plus, and with that kind of money I wanted to see what a payment option would look like.
            11k- 17k plust TTTL. Depends on which version and accesories you get.

Stupid kind of money for a recreation vehicle.
            www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

Originally posted by mustangguy289 View Post

17K? No shit? Damn I didnt think they were that high. I guess you can load them to the gill and get 6x6, but damn. Guess I might stick to 4 wheelers or find a good used one.
              Photobucket

Comment

Get one.
                2009 Chevy Tahoe LTZ

2011 GMC Terrain SLT2

2010 Polaris Ranger RZR S Orange Madness

Ban count: 2

Comment

Quit messing around...

Comment

Originally posted by mustangguy289 View Post

Go to one of the larger ATV parks during a major event...You will see tons of stupid....Side by Sides are nice but once they start costing more than a new car then it starts to get stupid...Not to mention once your start breaking shit...

Comment

I bought my RZR for $11,250 OTD....that was in 09', and it is an LE. My best advice for you is to go to Oklahoma if you are going to purchase one...ATVs/UTVs are taxed as luxary items in Texas, and therefore have to pay 8.25% on them....where-as buying one in Oklahoma with a Texas address means you don't have to pay any tax b/c OK taxes them as a vehicle, then you just bring it back across the state line, go to the title office, and register it clear with only having to pay the title app fee. I've done 3 of them this way over the past several years. The only other way to get one tax free is to claim it under ag exemption...which of course you'll need some property for that.

As for financing...Polaris has all kinds of options for you...they used to offer a deal that was payment-based, only $99/mo but of course then they gouge you for something like 12% apr....or you can do one of their 2.9% deals with a minimum down...depends on your situation. When I got mine I put about half down and then took the low interest financing until I got my bonus later that year and then just paid it all off in one chunk.
                      70' Chevelle RagTop
                      (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

Originally posted by Rreemo View Post
                        I bought my RZR for $11,250 OTD....that was in 09', and it is an LE. My best advice for you is to go to Oklahoma if you are going to purchase one...ATVs/UTVs are taxed as luxary items in Texas, and therefore have to pay 8.25% on them....where-as buying one in Oklahoma with a Texas address means you don't have to pay any tax b/c OK taxes them as a vehicle, then you just bring it back across the state line, go to the title office, and register it clear with only having to pay the title app fee. I've done 3 of them this way over the past several years. The only other way to get one tax free is to claim it under ag exemption...which of course you'll need some property for that.

As for financing...Polaris has all kinds of options for you...they used to offer a deal that was payment-based, only $99/mo but of course then they gouge you for something like 12% apr....or you can do one of their 2.9% deals with a minimum down...depends on your situation. When I got mine I put about half down and then took the low interest financing until I got my bonus later that year and then just paid it all off in one chunk.
                        This is what I was looking for. Thank you Rreemo!
                        Photobucket

Comment

You can figure $20-$25 per thousand financed. So if you finance $10,000 the payments run $200-$250 depending on your credit. (basically the same principal you use when buying a car)

Let me know which one you find and I will tell you what dealer to go to. I have a connection at every dealer in the DFW area.

BTW Rreemo's advice is solid except for the fact that you are going to finance. The finance company WILL want the title...so if you buy in Oklahoma to avoid taxes, you still have to pay taxes once you get to Texas in order to get the title, then you have to mail the title to the lienholder etc etc. It's a pain in the ass. In other words..if you're paying cash you can go out of state, if you are financing stay in TX.

Comment

Originally posted by jason07 View Post
                            You can figure $20-$25 per thousand financed. So if you finance $10,000 the payments run $200-$250 depending on your credit. (basically the same principal you use when buying a car)

Let me know which one you find and I will tell you what dealer to go to. I have a connection at every dealer in the DFW area.

BTW Rreemo's advice is solid except for the fact that you are going to finance. The finance company WILL want the title...so if you buy in Oklahoma to avoid taxes, you still have to pay taxes once you get to Texas in order to get the title, then you have to mail the title to the lienholder etc etc. It's a pain in the ass. In other words..if you're paying cash you can go out of state, if you are financing stay in TX.
                            Thank ya. I really dont want to finance one of these things, but I like to explore the options. Thought it might fall under the rec vehicle like boats.
                            Photobucket

Comment

Working...
                            X