Shipping a 30lb R12 can?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shipping a 30lb R12 can?

I was about to toss up one of my 30lb cans of R12 seeing as I just sold the last of my R12 vehicles, and I didn't know if there are restrictions for shipping pressurized vessels... anyone familiar with regulations?
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

It will have to be shipped ground.

Comment

Click me.

Comment

Originally posted by TX_92_Notch View Post
        that doesn't answer any of my questions. That's why I'm asking here.
        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

good luck with that

Comment

fuck it, ship it, who cares? Lol, they bought it lol
            SCREW CANADA!!!

Comment

That would probably be classified as hazardous by the USPS. I think UPS can ship it just fine though. Go ask someone at the post office if it can be shipped, they should know.

Comment

You can ship them just fine. It's not hazmat. Just tell what ever shipper you use that it's a pressurized cylinder of refrigerant.

Comment

did you sell it or are you looking to. pm me a price and I'll see if my boss is interested in it, we still do a few r-12 vehicles a year. I know he's put off buying in bulk the last 2 seasons because the cost was so high, but might for the right deal.

Comment

I did a few R-12 systems last year, zero this year, whats the going price per can now?

Comment

Last we bought was @22.50 a can I believe. We used to sell it for 44.95 lb about 3 years ago, but I think my boss had a pretty high markup. Buying 30 pounds now means there's a good chance you'll have it around for a long time.

Comment

Working...
                      X