Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where can I spend a day in the mountins along I-25? (Colorado Folks)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where can I spend a day in the mountins along I-25? (Colorado Folks)

Got a delivery to make in Boulder and on my way back wanted to detour slightly off I-25 and spend a day or two in higher elevation. Those who know this area, where is a good place I can detour off the interstate between Boulder and Trinidad and go higher in elevation and spend a day or 2 in a cabin or such? I know we have a few Colorado frequenters here, so I thought id ask.
    Thanks

Microbrewery hopping in Fort Collins. New Belgium, Equinox, Fort Collins Brewey, Odell (my favorite), etc. Great way to spend an afternoon.

Comment

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
      Microbrewery hopping in Fort Collins. New Belgium, Equinox, Fort Collins Brewey, Odell (my favorite), etc. Great way to spend an afternoon.
      I would need a DD after the second brewery.
      How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Originally posted by The Geofster View Post
        I would need a DD after the second brewery.
        Eh, they can't "sell" on the property so the tastings are free, and you get your pick of the litter, but this is how much they give you:

Comment

Jump up to Estes Park. About 45 min nw of Boulder.

Comment

i-25 is about 2 miles from pikes peak in colorado springs
            DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

Originally posted by HarrisonTX View Post
              i-25 is about 2 miles from pikes peak in colorado springs
              Pikes Peak isn't in Colorado Springs

It's more like 31.5 miles off US 24 in Cascade/Chapita Park.

You can go by 7745 Marriott Rd in Cascade and see the boyhood home of me.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post

alright you fucking smart ass. Its in Manitou springs, which is basically a suburb of Colorado springs. I lived in Colorado Springs for 2 years, and Pikes Peak is about 10 minutes away. You can get technical all you want, I was simply trying to help this guy out.
                I-25 passes a few miles from pikes peak. Its worth the drive.
                DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

if it takes you 35 miles from the freeway to reach the base of the peak, you're doing something wrong
                  DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

if it takes you 35 miles from the freeway to reach the base of the peak, you're doing something wrong
                    How did you go? There is only one way up by car - the pikes peak highway.

5069 Pikes Peak Highway
                    Cascade, CO 80809

Comment

How did you go? There is only one way up by car - the pikes peak highway.

5069 Pikes Peak Highway
                      Cascade, CO 80809

I'm hammereed drunk. It's 30 miles from i-25 to the peak. Dude, whatever man. Stay in manitou, and have the time of your life. take the cog to the peak, get a donut at altitude, and love life.
                      DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

I'm hammereed drunk. It's 30 miles from i-25 to the peak. Dude, whatever man. Stay in manitou, and have the time of your life. take the cog to the peak, get a donut at altitude, and love life.
                        Don't get hurt. I lived there from birth until 11, then again from 17-21, graduated from Manitou Springs High, while visiting annually. You should have specified the Cog. As it was, I'm right.

BTW, you can't fuck up in Colorado, unless you go east of I-25.

Comment

If you have the time I suggest trying to climb Pikes Peak. You probably aren't aclimated but if you take your time you can do it. It's a little more than 12 miles along Barr Trail.
                          De Oppresso Liber.

Comment

Jump up to Estes Park. About 45 min nw of Boulder.
                            This. Was there 3 weeks ago and it was awesome. Take golf clubs and play the municiple course, about $65 for 18 w/cart adn it's the ranked 6th most beautiful course. It's a nice drive up the mountain and then down into the bowl where Estes Park is.

Comment

If you go to Pikes Peak:

Near Denver and Colorado Springs, the world's highest cog train takes families to the 14,110 foot summit of America's Mountain, Pikes Peak, Colorado.

Estes Park is nice too. Most stores have kick ass wool/leather slippers that I have never seen sold anywhere else.

Comment

Working...
                              X