Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7'x4'x7'

Length by width by height right?

That's what my life fits in, aside from the couch and furniture, tools and misc in the garage, and vehicles. Part of me wants to be depressed, especially after seeing Patty's new home thread, but as a single guy moving myself, I'm glad not to have all the extra bullshit that I could have.

I've moved twice in the last two years, and each time I've tossed the crap that we all hold on to with no need, just because there is space. There's really no other motivation to toss crap, other than "do I really need to move this?"

As a single guy, with only a few toys, I'm sure my cubic feet don't measure, but how big would all your "crap" be?

Family of five with a house under 1500sqft. and living life perfectly happy.

You should be commended. Happiness isn't found in stuff.

Comment

Too big. Several rooms of furniture, big screens, computers and monitors galore, hot tub, decor, fridge, appliances, and so much more. That doesn't count the house either...

Comment

4 cubic feet of precious metals doesn't hurt either.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
          Family of five with a house under 1500sqft. and living life perfectly happy.

You should be commended. Happiness isn't found in stuff.
          4 cubic feet of precious metals doesn't hurt either.
          "My precious..." stroke, stroke, stroke....

That's the crazy thing Denny, I've cut alot of bullshit in both moves, and I still feel like I have alot more than I will ever use. Some of the stuff will get used once or twice in the next year or two without having to buy new though.

BTW, 1500sqft is 300sqft per person, without taking into account the common areas like bathrooms, livingroom, and more importantly the kitchen. Considering that I currently live in a 500sqft apartment, I'd say that I'm on par with your specs. Without all the silver though.

Comment

Mo money, mo problems.

Mo house, mo cleanin'.

Comment

Mo money, mo problems.

Mo house, mo cleanin'.
              Both are problems that I am trying to afford.

40K a year, a few K in the bank, >100K in assets, and a simple tax return.

or

A couple hundred K a year, 1MM+ in assets, and needing to manage your money.

Which would you choose? (I'm sure that I used the > wrong as always, which will shortly be pointed out) To those people I say that +>>.

Comment

Ya, you used it wrong, but I got the picture. LOL

Comment

Ya, you used it wrong, but I got the picture. LOL
                  Take me back to gradeschool math. My simple brain learned it as the pacman always eats the bigger number, that's how I committed it to memory, being a visual learner. What rule(s) am I forgetting?

Thank God for spell check, because i before e, except after c gets me every time.

I'm not dumb, I just play one on the Internet.

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
                    Take me back to gradeschool math. My simple brain learned it as the pacman always eats the bigger number, that's how I committed it to memory, being a visual learner. What rule(s) am I forgetting?

Thank God for spell check, because i before e, except after c gets me every time.

I'm not dumb, I just play one on the Internet.
                    Right.

less than 100K = <100K
                    greater than 100K = >100K

Comment

Right.

less than 100K = <100K
                      greater than 100K = >100K
                      I apparently didn't play enough pacman, if I want to say less than 100K, why would he eat 100K? When using "<100k" he's eating the bigger number, meaning that he's eating more than 100K, leaving the rest behind.

Wow, how things can get lost in translation. I learned it "right," but interpreted it wrong. I'm only half stupid, I promise.

Comment

i'd like to have this!!! i think it's pretty cool

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
                          I apparently didn't play enough pacman, if I want to say less than 100K, why would he eat 100K? When using "<100k" he's eating the bigger number, meaning that he's eating more than 100K, leaving the rest behind.

Wow, how things can get lost in translation. I learned it "right," but interpreted it wrong. I'm only half stupid, I promise.
                          When you place it next to a number, you substitute the < for "less than" since the 100K would be larger (Pacman wanting to eat the number or you can substitute the > for "greater than" since the Pacman would want to eat something else that is greater than 100K. Read the < and > as a word replacement.

10< 100 Ten is less than one hundred

100 > 10 One hundred is greater than ten

Comment

When I was taught and the way I remember is the point taunting the smaller value (ha ha ur smaller neener neener neener!).

Comment

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
                              When I was taught and the way I remember is the point taunting the smaller value (ha ha ur smaller neener neener neener!).
                              I think you're confusing your math class with your gym class experience.

Comment

Working...
                              X