Jim beam...the devils cut

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jim beam...the devils cut

So my friend is happily telling me about this devils cut liquor from Jim beam that is whiskey pulled from the wood of the barrels it's aged in. Well I start to giggle a little and proceed to tell him he's drinking swish.

How the he'll did Jim beam get away with selling swish to people and making them think it was special at that!?!?!

What's swish?
    Karussell White - 2010 Genesis Coupe R-Spec 6MT 2.0T -

Comment

Are you drinking?

Comment

Take an empty whiskry barrel, fill it with water and heat it. Itll draw out whiskey from the wood. Distill it again and youve got whiskey from nuthin.

Tastes like shit imho.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedi View Post
          Take an empty whiskry barrel, fill it with water and heat it. Itll draw out whiskey from the wood. Distill it again and youve got whiskey from nuthin.

Tastes like shit imho.
          Shittier than natty light?

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
            So my friend is happily telling me about this devils cut liquor from Jim beam that is whiskey pulled from the wood of the barrels it's aged in. Well I start to giggle a little and proceed to tell him he's drinking swish.

How the he'll did Jim beam get away with selling swish to people and making them think it was special at that!?!?!
            Swish equals grain liquor with added bourbon flavoring, correct?

Stevo
            Originally posted by SSMAN
            ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Not drinking, And Jedi is mostly correct about what swish is

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post

It's all how you market it.
                Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Comment

That sounds like it'd be horrible.
                  I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Originally posted by SMKR View Post
                    Shittier than natty light?
                    Nothing is that nasty.

Comment

Seems like alot of extra work for shitty bourbon, but if it sells, I can't blame them for trying.

Comment

I am no conisuer by any means, but I had some of that recently and thought it was gross. Burnt wood flavor in my drink, no thanks.

Comment

I think this is something relating to the term 'the angel's share', which describes the small portion of the content of the barrel that evaporates as the booze ages.

Stevo
                          Originally posted by SSMAN
                          ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

I'll stick to their 9 year, small batch variety.

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
                              Seems like alot of extra work for shitty bourbon, but if it sells, I can't blame them for trying.
                              It's apparently profitable, some call it reclaimed whiskey.

Stevo is right about the Angels share.

And now I am drinking

Edit: Angels share isn't always specific to whiskey.

Comment

Working...
                              X