Should I ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
    I change my vote to put them in a safety deposit box, and keep them until your kids go to college.

Then sell them to help pay for their education, what's left over save and leave to them when you die.

It's all about the childrens. And if at any point you feel selfless, use a portion to help your neice's education as well with the money, you never have to tell her how or where the money came from, but it would be nice if when she found herself in college Aunt Kim sent her a check every semester that said, "use this for books and tuition, just don't tell your parents".
    Matt, I'm fucking impressed!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
      I'm not always an asshole and self centered Dennis, no matter what you might read on the interwebs

Comment

Me too!!! Now I guess it's time to see what these fuckers are worth!
        Originally posted by Vertnut
        I'd run my junk through a waffle iron, if it makes you more "comfortable". LOL!

Comment

Give me an exact count on all pre-64 dimes, quarters and half dollars. It's easy to get going metal rates from www.coinflation.com

Now if there are any rarities or something in very good condition or better, we'll have to go to pics on that.

Comment

When you end up finding out the best route let me know what you do....I have a TON of coins from my grand dad that I need to get rid of and I've been sitting on them 3-4 yrs just because I'm scared to trust anyone and have no clue what I have. good luck with it! these things have me all confused

Comment

Originally posted by MutherjuggZ View Post
              Ok he found some of the coins, but not all

Here's what he brought me.

A book of mercury dimes for the following years
              (the missing ones are all at home so I'm only listing ones I'm physically looking at right now)
              1917-D
              1935-S
              1938-S
              1939, 1939D, 1939S
              1940S
              1941, 1941D, 1941S
              1942, 1942D, 1942s
              1943, 1943D
              1944, 1944D, 1944S
              1945, 1945D, 1945S

Based on the little bit of research I have done on these dimes.... There are two modern-day overdates - the 1942 & 1942D, 2 over 1 are very desireable to have. These overdates occurred when the coin blank was first struck with an outdated 1941 die. When the mistake was noticed, the coin was restruck with the correct 1942 date. The numeral 1 is noticeable beneath the 2.
              a complete 1916-1945 mercury dime set with a nice 1916-D can be roughly worth $800 to $1,200

how come he can only find some of the coins? did you not take care of this stuff or keep it together?

Comment

Give me an exact count on all pre-64 dimes, quarters and half dollars. It's easy to get going metal rates from www.coinflation.com

Now if there are any rarities or something in very good condition or better, we'll have to go to pics on that.
                I have EVERYTHING from 1916 to 1945... 3 of each year

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by scootro View Post
                    a complete 1916-1945 mercury dime set with a nice 1916-D can be roughly worth $800 to $1,200

how come he can only find some of the coins? did you not take care of this stuff or keep it together?
                    some of the coins wouldnt stay in the book, so I pulled them out and put them in a safe place so they wouldn't fall out of the book and get lost.

I have a whole set, I just listed what I physically had with me today

Comment

• Originally posted by scootro View Post
                      wth is that? I know I'm not holding anything THAT valuable by any stretch of the imagination.

Comment

• Originally posted by MutherjuggZ View Post
                        some of the coins wouldnt stay in the book, so I pulled them out and put them in a safe place so they wouldn't fall out of the book and get lost.

I have a whole set, I just listed what I physically had with me today
                        i got ya!

Originally posted by MutherjuggZ View Post
                        wth is that? I know I'm not holding anything THAT valuable by any stretch of the imagination.
                        just a pic of a collectors book to give you an idea

Comment

yeah going by what you said about your sis and bro-in-law.... theyd have been gone long ago...

Comment

• Originally posted by scootro View Post

just a pic of a collectors book to give you an idea
                            I have the collectors book ...here's what's in the back cover

The World Coin Library
                            No. 7123 - Mercury Dimes Made in USA
                            Dansco - 4313 W. Jefferson Blvd
                            Los Angeles, Calif. 90016

The book is a full set

Comment

I have the collectors book ...here's what's in the back cover

The World Coin Library
                              No. 7123 - Mercury Dimes Made in USA
                              Dansco - 4313 W. Jefferson Blvd
                              Los Angeles, Calif. 90016

The book is a full set
                              yea that's a very common holder that enthusiast collectors use to keep the coins.

Comment

• Kim, you deserve this. Keep them, sell them, do whatever the hell you want to do with them. Those coins are yours. If he wanted them, he should have taken them with him. What comes around goes around. Good luck with whatever you choose.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X