Do you know your own address? I hate ebay v.9876543

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you know your own address? I hate ebay v.9876543

CLIFFS: guy wants something fast, I go out of my way to take care of him, guy is jerk about it, two days later guy messages me to let me know he provided the wrong address - THE FUCK ON

Buyer wants something quickly and wants it to go out the same day. It's 9am and I tell him if he pays by 1pm CST I guarantee it will go out that day. Buyer pays late afternoon just after the UPS guy leaves. Sometime around 4:30-5:00. I drop everything and call our UPS guy. He's not far away so I catch up with him down the street to give him the package.

Buyer emails before I even get back (set up to automatically email buyers their tracking info when the label is created) because the tracking number he received isn't active. Sends multiple emails in less than 30 minutes. We keep telling him the same thing, it takes a minute to update and get into their system, you have the number, it's coming. Give it some time, can you give it a little time?

He's all pissy with an attitude as if we're somehow dragging our feet. I dropped everything to make sure to take care of this guy and now he's being a dick. Seems like the usual. "Hey I'm in a bind, can you do me a favor, oh I'm going to be unappreciative and a jerk about things, thanks!"

Guy messages just now, over 48hrs later, saying he forgot to update the address on his ebay/paypal accounts since he moved and that the address is wrong.

THE FUCK facepalm.jpg

This happens more often than you would think. Several times per year someone has the wrong address on their account. It happens so often I now put in ALL my auctions AND the payment instructions that appear after you buy an item, "ITEMS SHIP TO ADDRESS YOU PROVIDE, WE DON'T HAVE A SHITTY MAGICAL POWER THAT IS ONLY GOOD FOR TELLING US WHERE TO SEND YOUR PACKAGE. IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO KNOW WHERE THE FUCK YOU ARE LOCATED" - that quote may be slightly exaggerated.

People still fuck it up

/rant
    US Politics in three words - Divide and Conquer

what does hobie mean?

Comment

Originally posted by SMKR View Post
      what does hobie mean?
      He's that kid from Baywatch back in the day.

Comment

Originally posted by AdamLX View Post
        I thought it was for Hobie 1 Kinobe from stars wars movie

Comment

Originally posted by Alex View Post
          I thought it was for Hobie 1 Kinobe from stars wars movie
          Honest mistake. That was Homie Juan Cabrone(y)

Comment

Originally posted by AdamLX View Post
            That's sorta how it started.

Originally posted by SMKR View Post
            what does hobie mean?
            Nothing really - JR High Football coach was bad with names, gave out lots of nicknames, started calling me Hobie because he thought I looked like the kid from Baywatch. I didn't like it, but it could have been worse, another kid was "Board Head."

Didn't really take off beyond the football team, got to highschool, another coach did the exact same thing completely independent of the other coach. The name stuck that time. Only people that still call me that are old friends from HS.

Comment

If selling shit on the internet didn't yield decent results I would stop using it all together.

I posted my R1 on CL last night, the first email I get, probably 20 minutes later it says, "Would you trade"?

I thought putting this in all my ads now would make it stop but I still get people asking for gd trades.

I will not:
              1. Let you test ride the bike without cash in hand
              2. Trade you for an xbox, a toolbox, or your baby teeth (Let me re-word this as it seems to have fallen on deaf ears. I will NOT trade you for your car, truck, van, or bike. DO NOT MESSAGE ME ASKING TO TRADE!)
              3. Take payments
              4. Respond if you do any of the above
              Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
              Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

I once put "NO TRADES" in an ad NINE times for a bike I was selling. I also tell people not to email me after every place I put my phone number.

I got three email offers and two trade offers, one of which included THREE broken plasma tvs. Yeah bud, let me take one item I want to sell and give it to you so I can get a pos car to sell, broke down dirt bike I have to fix then sell, and THREE fucking tvs I have to fix then sell, GREAT FUCKING DEAL RETARD!

Originally posted by 347Mike View Post
                If selling shit on the internet didn't yield decent results I would stop using it all together.

I posted my R1 on CL last night, the first email I get, probably 20 minutes later it says, "Would you trade"?

I thought putting this in all my ads now would make it stop but I still get people asking for gd trades.

I will not:
                1. Let you test ride the bike without cash in hand
                2. Trade you for an xbox, a toolbox, or your baby teeth (Let me re-word this as it seems to have fallen on deaf ears. I will NOT trade you for your car, truck, van, or bike. DO NOT MESSAGE ME ASKING TO TRADE!)
                3. Take payments
                4. Respond if you do any of the above

Comment

Originally posted by Hobie View Post
                  I once put "NO TRADES" in an ad NINE times for a bike I was selling. I also tell people not to email me after every place I put my phone number.

I got three email offers and two trade offers, one of which included THREE broken plasma tvs. Yeah bud, let me take one item I want to sell and give it to you so I can get a pos car to sell, broke down dirt bike I have to fix then sell, and THREE fucking tvs I have to fix then sell, GREAT FUCKING DEAL RETARD!
                  Most of my browsing is during a time I can't call so I prefer to email/text. Besides I don't want to talk to anyone until I know if they are going to sell whatever it is in my price range.
                  Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

I've had the same problem in the past when selling things on eBay. Most of them were apologetic and accepted responsibility for their mistake.

One guy fucking flipped out though, and wrote me scathing emails about how stupid I was to send it to a house he hadn't lived in "FOR THREE YEARS!." As if I had somehow gone out of my way to magically find his old address. He stopped with the insults after I sent him a screenshot of the paypal receipt that clearly says "Seller: Ship to the following address..."

People are fucking stupid, he was just pissed because as a result of the mix up, he didn't get the item(Volcano vaporizer) in time for Super Bowl Sunday. Poor guy couldn't get stoned during the big game
                    2016 Chevrolet SS 6M

Comment

Most of my browsing is during a time I can't call so I prefer to email/text. Besides I don't want to talk to anyone until I know if they are going to sell whatever it is in my price range.
                      Yeah, I tell people to call or text. Honestly the email spam has died down a lot, but two-three years ago my inbox was flooded with calling card plans, half in spanish, and all kinds of various broken english bullshit scams. Even got the calling card shit texted to my phone back then. I just set up my CL account to go to my spam email account then.

I'm generally selling motorcycles or cheap cars. A vehicle can be a lot better or a lot worse than what it appears to be in pictures. I never make offers on big ticket items without checking it out first. I try to avoid haggling over the phone or text. If they make an offer I agree with I'm not coming off it one dollar when they show up. Everyone that does that seems to want to pay a hundred or two less when they show up. Most are cool about it when I won't budge, but some get pissy. Not sure why, I always say I prefer to negotiate face to face, and I accepted the offer they made, they made the terms don't get mad at me! lol

Originally posted by txsr20de View Post
                      I've had the same problem in the past when selling things on eBay. Most of them were apologetic and accepted responsibility for their mistake.

One guy fucking flipped out though, and wrote me scathing emails about how stupid I was to send it to a house he hadn't lived in "FOR THREE YEARS!." As if I had somehow gone out of my way to magically find his old address. He stopped with the insults after I sent him a screenshot of the paypal receipt that clearly says "Seller: Ship to the following address..."

People are fucking stupid, he was just pissed because as a result of the mix up, he didn't get the item(Volcano vaporizer) in time for Super Bowl Sunday. Poor guy couldn't get stoned during the big game
                      Stoner fucked up his address, not surprised. Stoner sent multiple ANGRY emails, shocked! LOL

Comment

Yeah, I tell people to call or text. Honestly the email spam has died down a lot, but two-three years ago my inbox was flooded with calling card plans, half in spanish, and all kinds of various broken english bullshit scams. Even got the calling card shit texted to my phone back then. I just set up my CL account to go to my spam email account then.

I'm generally selling motorcycles or cheap cars. A vehicle can be a lot better or a lot worse than what it appears to be in pictures. I never make offers on big ticket items without checking it out first. I try to avoid haggling over the phone or text. If they make an offer I agree with I'm not coming off it one dollar when they show up. Everyone that does that seems to want to pay a hundred or two less when they show up. Most are cool about it when I won't budge, but some get pissy. Not sure why, I always say I prefer to negotiate face to face, and I accepted the offer they made, they made the terms don't get mad at me! lol

Stoner fucked up his address, not surprised. Stoner sent multiple ANGRY emails, shocked! LOL
                        I have just recently started flipping bikes. I typically only persue those who post pictures of decent quality and I will usually always make an offer through email or text. Then, when I go to look at it I will take another look and base what I think its worth compared to my original offer. My first offer is usually what I pay as its already on the low end of what I want to pay for it. The reason I give a price first is that I don't want to waste my time or theirs if they don't want to budge in person.

If their pictures suck. I usually don't bother with it.

I really really think motorcycles are an easy market. I can't tell you how many people post they have money problems or need it gone asap and they come down off their price a lot. I have low balled people, they say no, look at it, then leave only for them to text/call me saying they will go lower.

I am going to try buying a few when they sell cheaper in the colder months and then sell them during prime time season.

Comment

I really really think motorcycles are an easy market. I can't tell you how many people post they have money problems or need it gone asap and they come down off their price a lot. I have low balled people, they say no, look at it, then leave only for them to text/call me saying they will go lower.

I am going to try buying a few when they sell cheaper in the colder months and then sell them during prime time season.
                          Love those people, lol. You're leaving the country in 3 days, aww that sucks, you and your wife lost your jobs, aww that sucks, you got your gf pregnant and now you're getting married...uhh, congratulations - here's what I'm offering.

There's easily an extra grand in that cold weather swing if the bike is ~1yr old depending on when the bike is due for it's next update. You can get burned, well not burned, but it won't work out like you plan if you buy the old gen in December and their is a fresh gen out by the time you plan to sell. Everyone with the old model will be dumping theirs and everyone buying will want the new one.

Comment

Love those people, lol. You're leaving the country in 3 days, aww that sucks, you and your wife lost your jobs, aww that sucks, you got your gf pregnant and now you're getting married...uhh, congratulations - here's what I'm offering.

There's easily an extra grand in that cold weather swing if the bike is ~1yr old depending on when the bike is due for it's next update. You can get burned, well not burned, but it won't work out like you plan if you buy the old gen in December and their is a fresh gen out by the time you plan to sell. Everyone with the old model will be dumping theirs and everyone buying will want the new one.
                            I don't look for a large return. I have a $500 minimum or a 10% return when looking to buy/sell. The last one I purchased/sold I made almost $800 and that is after registering. The one I have now I am hoping to make much, much more.
                            Last edited by 347Mike; 08-04-2011, 09:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X