Computer cut window tint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Computer cut window tint

Car should hopefully be here within the next couple of weeks. There's a local guy that will do a Llumar film for $189, and he hand cuts it. A couple of co-workers had several cars done and it looks fine. Any advantage of going to a place that does it where a computer does the cutting?

Originally posted by GE View Post
    Car should hopefully be here within the next couple of weeks. There's a local guy that will do a Llumar film for $189, and he hand cuts it. A couple of co-workers had several cars done and it looks fine. Any advantage of going to a place that does it where a computer does the cutting?
    No advantage. Disadvantage is that it may not fit as well as hand cut.

Comment

Originally posted by EW View Post
      No advantage. Disadvantage is that it may not fit as well as hand cut.
      The dealer said they sometimes use Earmark, but they charge like $450. doh!

Comment

The dealer said they sometimes use Earmark, but they charge like $450. doh!
        Because they are a BMW dealership, of course it's that expensive haha

Comment

I don't buy cars from dealerships without making them throw tint in with the deal.

Comment

Your $100 tint must be awesome.
            GE, don't go through the dealer. There are some high end films that are $450 but you should be able to get a high quality film for $250 or less.

Comment

Take it to TriTek in garland.
              2016 250 Mini dozer

No matter how fast light travels it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.

Comment

Any recommendations for the Seagoville/Mesquite/Forney/Terrel/Kaufman area anyone? I need to get the new beater tinted as well.

Comment

Nothing like having to put on sunscreen to drive home in the afternoon because you don't have tinted windows

Comment

Anyone used that Huper Optik tint before?

Comment

It's on my truck. My stuck seems to stay pretty cool with it being 110* out. Cooler than than my cousins VW cc with dealership tint.

Comment

A computer doesn't have any sharp edges. I'd look for an installer with a knife.

Comment

Originally posted by 8mpg View Post
                          It's on my truck. My stuck seems to stay pretty cool with it being 110* out. Cooler than than my cousins VW cc with dealership tint.
                          Does it look like regular Llumar tint? I only saw a couple of pics from installs, but the tint didn't seem that dark. I want it for the heat factor as well as privacy.

Charlie Murphy... Darkness!

Comment

as well as privacy.
                            .... trips to Whataburger

Comment

Great for blocking heat but not dark at all. I have heard that some people put it on their windshield.

Comment

Working...
                              X