Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ratt View Post
    Link?
    comedydriving.com is the last one I used.

Comment

my wife just did IDriveSafely.com I did it about 2 years ago. its an only def. driving course
      1969 GTO Judge Clone 6.0 liter LQ4 Turbo 4L60e on LS1tech

1960 Chevy Sedan Delivery LS swap

Comment

A good thing about using the defensive driving course option is that the same course can also be used for an insurance discount.

Comment

Do you guys actually sit and watch all the BS on the defensive driving sites? lol. All you have to do is let the videos play, walk away until the question comes up, have the answers Googled on another window, answer etc. It's a breeze. lol.

Comment

Actually, if one sat and watched all the BS on the defensive driving sites and then put same into practice, they likely wouldn't be getting any more speeding tickets.

Comment

Originally posted by 71chevellejohn View Post
              6 hours is the state requirement for the course - in person or online. It's not about learning anything from the class; it's about inconveniencing you, so you don't want to have to go through it again.
              Weird.
              Ticket School offers online DMV-approved drivers education classes for Florida, Texas, New York, Michigan, Virginia, Tennessee, Louisiana, and Missouri.

Took the VA version which I believe is an eight hour course and IIRC spent around 3 hours, if not less doing the online part.

Comment

Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
                10 over? How lame.
                I agree. 75 does not seem drastic by any means.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                  Do you guys actually sit and watch all the BS on the defensive driving sites? lol. All you have to do is let the videos play, walk away until the question comes up, have the answers Googled on another window, answer etc. It's a breeze. lol.
                  I'd tab to another web site, like this one, to kill the time.

It is a royal pain to be stuck in your house for the class, though. The positive is you can do a little each night.
                  "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

From their site: https://www.ticketschool.com/states/TX/rc1_ttd.html

I took one online course that I paused to go do something and when I resumed it the next day, the timer showed all six hours completed. All I had to do was pass the test and wait on the certificate to arrive in the mail.

Comment

Mandatory FTP!!! post!
                      Rachel McAdams nude pics

Comment

Originally posted by The King View Post
                        Actually, if one sat and watched all the BS on the defensive driving sites and then put same into practice, they likely wouldn't be getting any more speeding tickets.
                        Horseshit. Everyone speeds, because if you don't you'll get run over on local highways. If you drove the posted limits everywhere here in DFW, it would take forever to get anywhere and get run over in the process. I cruise 80mph on 190 and I get passed like I'm doing 45mph by flowing traffic. lol.

I average one ticket a year, mostly because I have to drive through small towns with bored country cops with nothing better to do to get home. But I speed like everyone else, sometimes you get caught. It's not a big deal.

Comment

Horseshit. Everyone speeds, because if you don't you'll get run over on local highways. If you drove the posted limits everywhere here in DFW, it would take forever to get anywhere and get run over in the process. I cruise 80mph on 190 and I get passed like I'm doing 45mph by flowing traffic. lol.

I average one ticket a year, mostly because I have to drive through small towns with bored country cops with nothing better to do to get home. But I speed like everyone else, sometimes you get caught. It's not a big deal.
                          On my bike I'm always passing, in my car I'm usually doing 65 in the right hand lane with the cruise on. Increased my fuel-mileage about 33% over going 85.

It takes a long time, but eventually you get used to it. Even in the far right lane of 190 or 121 people will close on you really quickly.
                          US Politics in three words - Divide and Conquer

Comment

Originally posted by Hobie View Post
                            On my bike I'm always passing, in my car I'm usually doing 65 in the right hand lane with the cruise on.
                            It's funny when on a bike you can see just how clumsy cars are especially in moderate traffic.

Comment

Not if you don't get on highways. I have pretty much given up on I-20 between Dallas and Fort Worth, not to mention 360, because it's so choked up now. Alternate routes FTW.

Comment

Originally posted by The King View Post
                                Not if you don't get on highways. I have pretty much given up on I-20 between Dallas and Fort Worth, not to mention 360, because it's so choked up now. Alternate routes FTW.
                                and 121, 183, and 820.

The whole area is all jacked up now

Comment

Working...
                                X