Got a speeding ticket this morning :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
    It's funny when on a bike you can see just how clumsy cars are especially in moderate traffic.
    It's so much easier to get through it.

Traffic that's maintaining 60ish mph is usually caused by just a couple assholes. On a bike I've noticed that traffic at those speeds is grouped into big packs.

You'll have, say, 30 cars grouped together. At the front you'll have some toolbag in the left lane pacing the vehicles in the middle and right lanes. This one person is delaying a couple dozen others.

Often on a bike you can weave through this group. Once you do it's not uncommon to have an empty stretch of freeway that's 1/4mi, 1/2mi, or more ahead of you until you reach the next group held up by one asshole.

Sometimes it's caused by something unusual such as an oversized-load or a police officer everyone is afraid to pass, but that's not the norm. Typically it's just some inconsiderate ass parked in the left lane. I turn to stare at them when I pass now, seems like most are on a cell-phone texting or talking. That may be everyone though as I don't stare at people not causing the traffic back-ups.
    US Politics in three words - Divide and Conquer

Comment

Originally posted by Skidmark View Post
      and 121, 183, and 820.

The whole area is all jacked up now
      Midcities is traffic HELL.
      US Politics in three words - Divide and Conquer

Comment

Originally posted by Hobie View Post
        Midcities is traffic HELL.
        LOL, rarely do I go anywhere west of Frisco/Plano or south of 635. Fuck going anywhere near the midcities areas. I'm not looking forward to driving to Don's party at all in Arlington this weekend because I despise that side of town so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobie View Post
          It's so much easier to get through it.
          Absolutely with everything you said. In the last two days I have run into those situations you describe, passed one of the contributing dickwads who was holding traffic up only for him to lamely speed up and rush the bumper of the person in front of him, creating a hazard for everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
            LOL, rarely do I go anywhere west of Frisco/Plano or south of 635. Fuck going anywhere near the midcities areas. I'm not looking forward to driving to Don's party at all in Arlington this weekend because I despise that side of town so much.
            Are you near GWB? Take that all the way to 183, then 360 south, exit Green Oaks. You shouldn't see any noteable traffic on any of those roads on Saturday, just smooth sailing.

Meanwhile, there always seems to be traffic on the curves on 183, between 121 and 820. All times of day, you never know what you'll get but almost always some slow down. I can't wait til they finish expanding.

Comment

Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
              Personally, I start at 20 over on freeways. FTW just does the mph over, but when you run someone's DL, it shows a percentage over, usually in 10% increments.
              oh no kidding? So I have like a running percentage? I'm getting older... I don't speed much anymore. Not because I don't want tickets, I just find myself not hauling ass all the time.
              "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
              "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
                Are you near GWB? Take that all the way to 183, then 360 south, exit Green Oaks. You shouldn't see any noteable traffic on any of those roads on Saturday, just smooth sailing.

Meanwhile, there always seems to be traffic on the curves on 183, between 121 and 820. All times of day, you never know what you'll get but almost always some slow down. I can't wait til they finish expanding.
                Yes sir, 190 is the closest highway to me which is about 10 min away. The route you suggested is what I was planning on taking.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                  Yes sir, 190 is the closest highway to me which is about 10 min away. The route you suggested is what I was planning on taking.
                  Cool. We go the opposite way anytime we are going to your side of town and it is usually very clear on the weekends.

Comment

Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
                    Personally, I start at 20 over on freeways. FTW just does the mph over, but when you run someone's DL, it shows a percentage over, usually in 10% increments.

My uncle was a Dallas cop and he set his for 20.

Of course, there is always the other end of the scale. My did recently got pulled over somewhere on I-30 by a DPS for doing 67 in a 65.

Comment

Originally posted by line-em-up View Post
                      My uncle was a Dallas cop and he set his for 20.

Of course, there is always the other end of the scale. My did recently got pulled over somewhere on I-30 by a DPS for doing 67 in a 65.
                      That's just fucking ridiculous. That could VERY easily be caused by low/high tread on a tire causing the speedometer reading to be off a little bit!

Comment

Deferred adjudication FTW. My time is too valuable.

I would be very curious to see how ticketing revenue has grown over the last few years for each municipality in DFW. Something tells me it has jumped up a lot.

For me personally, cruise control has become my friend. I set it at the speed limit or a hair below these days. Yes, I stay in the slow lane..

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
                          Deferred adjudication FTW. My time is too valuable.

I would be very curious to see how ticketing revenue has grown over the last few years for each municipality in DFW. Something tells me it has jumped up a lot.

For me personally, cruise control has become my friend. I set it at the speed limit or a hair below these days. Yes, I stay in the slow lane..
                          The problem is that you CANNOT do that on the tollway or some asshat drinking their coffee and texting and smoking while driving WILL plow into the rear end of your car, even in the right hand lane, because they are so accustomed to flying through there.

Comment

lawyer up hire 2 of them if you have to. they just want your money for revenue. the pd would much rather get some money and not put it on your record than mess around with trials etc where it costs them money. no worries fight the law with the law

Comment

Originally posted by Ratt View Post
                              The problem is that you CANNOT do that on the tollway or some asshat drinking their coffee and texting and smoking while driving WILL plow into the rear end of your car, even in the right hand lane, because they are so accustomed to flying through there.
                              I've said it before, but this is exactly why I do not drive at speed limit on highways anymore. I got plowed by someone speeding and not paying attention - and there was really little I could have done to prevent it.

I've avoided a ticket since adopting the new driving philosophy in 2008, but even when it catches up to me, it'll be cheaper than replacing a vehicle.
                              Men have become the tools of their tools.
                              -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

I don't speed or run from the law anymore, unless I'm in the Cobra and something worth rowing through the gears pulls up. Ever since I took this approach I have been ticket free. I don't drive through Plano either so that has a lot to do with it, but everytime I do I see them cocksukers hiding in bushes, behind signs and at night they are like zombies, all over the fucking place...
                                Originally posted by Silverback
                                Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Working...
                                X